Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    Softail 1994 EVO
    FYI i just raised the timeout to 1800 seconds=30 minutes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bosken For This Useful Post:

mbird99 (12-18-2015), Trevor the Toad (12-17-2015)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetbob View Post
    Hi there,

I'll try to answer some of these for you....

......... 2016 will see lots more stuff - I have many cunning plans!

Is it possible to perhaps to add shortcuts within the footer bar to include: posters profile, album and perhaps a 'pm' link whereupon you can directly 'pm' them from any post if you require? At the moment you only need to click on a member name where ever it appears and you have the option to view their profile, send PM's etc. I don't know what else is possible at the moment but I will ask
    Is it also possible to have a facility whereupon a small animated 'gif' file can be used as one's avatar. I think file size it the limit here, but to be honest I don't know at this stage if it's possible - again I will ask

Hope that helps, please play around with the forum functions and see how you get on.

cheers

Apologies to raise this again but 'plans' aside there were in fact very few changes made in 2016 despite willingness from members to devote their time and effort (members map comes to mind). The forum could perhaps benefit from some upgrades if possible? Are there any plans for this year? Most forums now enable the usage of animated GIFs in either Avatar, Signature or indeed both and when posting an 'upload picture' icon would be beneficial to newer members making picture posting easier. Can you look into this for me as my initial requests were over 12 months ago. PLEASE?
    Last edited by K9F; 01-01-2017 at 02:20 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Street Bob
    No appologies needed, please raise things as often as you want! It's me who should be saying sorry for not being as active as I should have been and for not doing what I said I would! I had hoped to spend much more time to spend on the forum but as I've said elsewhere, life, my business and family committments have all but swallowed up my free time. The members map issue was looked at but all the patches available at the time didn't work or produce the results we hoped for, that said I will continue to press the matter and keep trying to get result that works for everyone. I will take all your comments and requests directly to the forum owner and see what can be done. Please feel free to PM me or your can email me directly (PM for my address) and I will do my best to help.
    Thank you for all your effort and support of the forum, you along with the other hardcore members have kept this group interesting, positive, informative and fun.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I have suggested before about the forum charging a membership fee, if a fee was charged it might stop spammers and people who join just to sell their items and then they're never heard from again. Also if members pay a fee to join, they'd think twice about abandoning the forum after a short time, in other words they'd want to get their moneys worth. I personally feel that an initial joining fee of £15 for the first year and £10 subscription for following years would be acceptable. I would certainly pay it, and the money collected could help to finance improvements to the forum. In my experience you don't get anything for nothing in this life, so why should the forum be free? I think that a subscription fee would attract members who are genuinely interested in Harley-Davidson motorcycles. Those who aren't won't be willing to put their hands in their pockets.

That's my idea and it's open to debate amongst us, who's in favour of a subscription fee and who's against it?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

percysybil (01-01-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2015 Fat Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    ....who's in favour of a subscription fee and who's against it?
    In today's world most things can be found for free... it doesn't make it right or fair but that is the truth so, for me, I would be inclined to move along to another forum if we became subject of any joining or annual subscription fee...

Just my 2-penneth..

8. The Following User Says Thank You to percysybil For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (01-02-2017)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by percysybil View Post
    In today's world most things can be found for free... it doesn't make it right or fair but that is the truth so, for me, I would be inclined to move along to another forum if we became subject of any joining or annual subscription fee...Just my 2-penneth..
    If you can find another internet UK based Harley-Davidson forum that doesn't charge a fee feel free to let me know. I have looked! If such a holy grail exists hell I may even come with you. I in principle agree with Dave's sentiments and would have no objection whatsoever to pay a paltry £15 to be a member of this forum. That is approximately 25% of the going rate in comparison. Whilst this forum may not be the busiest those that do actively take part keep it alive. With a few small upgrades and members suggestions being answered or even acted upon it could be so much better IMHO and a subscription from me would be willingly forthcoming.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2015 Fat Bob
    each to their own and it's neither right or wrong to have your own view

12. The Following User Says Thank You to percysybil For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    ^^ Very true!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    My only concern would be that by charging a fee it could potentially affect the membership over time. Both for existing and new members coming in. Whether there was another UK based Harley forum or not, people would end up going from forum to forum. It's not a criticism, just human nature .
    FTW )

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    There is presently 2384 registered members on this forum, many members have registered and never posted a solitary thing. I would be most surprised if we have anywhere near 30 regular contributors to the forum. The Harley-Davidson Riders Club of Great Britain forum charges members a joining fee of £10 plus £25 for a years subscription, that's £35 for a new member to fork out all at once. The HDRCGB is the only other UK based forum, it is even quieter than this one, if you don't believe me, have a look for yourself.

As I said earlier, I'm only asking if members would mind paying £15 for the first year and £10 for concurrent years, to put some money into the forum to help the organisers to bring in improvements to it. £10 isn't even two gallons of fuel these days, or if you prefer about three pints of lager (North of England prices), I know you Southerners have to pay an arm and a leg for a pint these days.

Harley's are expensive to buy, so if you can't spare a tenner to help your forum, ask yourself if you've bought a bike from the correct marque for you.

I always consider a New Year as a new beginning, another page in your book of life.

Lets make 2017 a great year for the Harley Forums UK.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 01-02-2017 at 01:17 AM.