Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    Softail 1994 EVO

If you have any questions, let us know!

If you have any questions and such, please use the contact button. You can find it far down on every page.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson IRON 883
    I did twice no much luck, anybody there???

My Ride
    Softail 1994 EVO
    Hello! Yes, sorry How can we help you?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Holy thread revival!

I was going to use the contact button but not sure if it's full operational?

I am a newbie on here but have used a Land Rover forum prolifically for quite a few years. I am getting to grips with this forum and as a Dinosaur can find certain aspects difficult to navigate but invariably get there myself in the end. There appears at the moment only a few posters most of which are relatively new and are undoubtedly finding their own way metaphorically speaking.

I hope you don't mind me making a couple of suggestions to perhaps make it a little easier to navigate and perhaps individualise identity with a funkier addition?

Is it possible to perhaps to add shortcuts within the footer bar to include: posters profile, album and perhaps a 'pm' link whereupon you can directly 'pm' them from any post if you require?

Is it also possible to have a facility whereupon a small animated 'gif' file can be used as one's avatar. This can be an amusing addition and where individual's posts can be instantly recognisable when the forum expands and there are hundreds of posts each week? Obviosly with this suggestion size limit is critical.

Thank you and apologies if my suggestions may be taken out of context.
    Last edited by K9F; 12-17-2015 at 01:29 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Street Bob
    Hi there,

I'll try to answer some of these for you....

1) I was going to use the contact button but not sure if it's full operational? Yes, that goes through to Bosken the forum owner, however he is very busy and cannot always answer straight away. You will get a reply but sometimes it may take a day or so.
    2) There appears at the moment only a few posters most of which are relatively new and are undoubtedly finding their own way metaphorically speaking. Yes, forum activity had declined this year and I am one of those new members. I decided to get in contact with the owner and try to do something about the lack of activity. I'm pleased to say that Bosken made me a moderator and that forum activty is slowly increasing. 2016 will see lots more stuff - I have many cunning plans!
    3) Is it possible to perhaps to add shortcuts within the footer bar to include: posters profile, album and perhaps a 'pm' link whereupon you can directly 'pm' them from any post if you require? At the moment you only need to click on a member name where ever it appears and you have the option to view their profile, send PM's etc. I don'tknow what else is possible at the moment but I will ask
    4) Is it also possible to have a facility whereupon a small animated 'gif' file can be used as one's avatar. I think file size it the limit here, but to be honest I don't know at this stage if it's possible - again I will ask

Hope that helps, please play around with the forum functions and see how you get on.

cheers

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Streetbob For This Useful Post:

K9F (12-17-2015)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Thanks Streetbob, as stated elsewhere I am a computer biff and a Dinosaur. This forum is a great place and will hopefully evolve into a highly active and informative one. I log on several times a day and whilst I find the posts interesting wish and hope each time I log on due to my hunger for more. I shall do my bit. Thank you for your quick response. Appreciated.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

Bosken (12-17-2015), Streetbob (12-17-2015)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Ok Streetbob,

I have a question for you, why is it when I'm compiling a post, the system logs me out after a few minutes? I then have to log in again and not all of my post is saved, so I've to re-type it. Why is this, are we timed out for the length of out posting?

I know that I'm not very fast at typing, and some of my posts can be lengthy, but it is annoying to have to re-log in twice to send my post.

Best Regards,

Dave.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Street Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Ok Streetbob,

I have a question for you, why is it when I'm compiling a post, the system logs me out after a few minutes? I then have to log in again and not all of my post is saved, so I've to re-type it. Why is this, are we timed out for the length of out posting? I know that I'm not very fast at typing, and some of my posts can be lengthy, but it is annoying to have to re-log in twice to send my post. Best Regards, Dave.
    Hi Dave,

When you log in do you tick the 'remember me' box? if no then try that otherwise I would suggest it could be something to do with your security/browser settings. Firefox is know for this also Chrome. If you google the question why do I keep getting logged out of forums there are a number of things to try as well.

Hope that helps

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Streetbob For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-17-2015), Panheadjohn (08-23-2016)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Thanks for your swift reply Streetbob.

I haven't been ticking the remember me box, I'll do that in future then hopefully I won't be logged out early again.

Best Regards,

Dave.

My Ride
    Softail 1994 EVO
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Ok Streetbob,

I have a question for you, why is it when I'm compiling a post, the system logs me out after a few minutes? I then have to log in again and not all of my post is saved, so I've to re-type it. Why is this, are we timed out for the length of out posting?

I know that I'm not very fast at typing, and some of my posts can be lengthy, but it is annoying to have to re-log in twice to send my post.

Best Regards,

Dave.
    The session timeout on this forum is set to 900sec, but do as Street Bob says, check the remember me box when you log in, it should kill this issue.

This is the time in seconds that a user must remain inactive before their login session expires. This setting also controls how long a user will remain on Who's Online after their last activity.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bosken For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-17-2015)