My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL883N Iron 2018

Oil Tank Replacement & ID

Hi

I have been trying to find an oil tank like this one on my Rocker C with the reeded section and in chrome which will fit a Breakout 2017, do you know if they are available and where I can buy one please.

Harley-Davidson Rocker C FXCWC (2).jpg

My Ride
    By all account the Rocker C oil tank is the same as the Breakout.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by bungie View Post
    By all account the Rocker C oil tank is the same as the Breakout.
    and Springer harley (62552-09) part number

My Ride
    This Breakout has a plain black oil tank, the only chrome tanks I can find are as in the picture below.

plain flat .jpg

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    CVO Breakouts came with chrome oil tanks with a ridge not reeds. The reeded ones I believe were only fitted to Rocker C's, all Breakouts have ridged ones as far as I can see. You may find the CVO ones to be VIN restricted and prohibitively expensive as many CVO parts are. The alternative would be to go somewhere like Ashford Chroming and get a quote for having one done IF you can find a cheaper second hand one?

****Late Edit****

The FXSBE one which is chrome is part number 62500019 and would cost you £897:35 excluding VAT and postage from Jersey.

A reeded Rocker C one not chrome is part number 62547-08CET and would cost you £821:52 excluding VAT and postage from Jersey.

Good luck in your quest! The first option seems best but eye-wateringly expensive to achieve a certain look.
    Last edited by K9F; 12-04-2018 at 09:26 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    I found plenty of chrome tanks without the reeding, many of them say they will fit twin cams, softails, OIL TANK FOR 2000-UP SOFTAIL MODELS, which look different from each other but they cant all fit a breakout FXSB can they?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Fundamentally whilst the cradle of the different frames look almost identical and have different part numbers and in some cases rake the engines are obviously modulated and all fit these frames. Dynas all shared the same frame with different rake available but the Softail Breakouts had a completely different suspension setup that made the rear of the frame radically different. If the oil tanks say they 'fit twin cams, softails, OIL TANK FOR 2000-UP SOFTAIL MODELS' fit they should and as an FXSB Breakout is clearly a member of the Softail family it should fit that too. I would be interested to see how aesthetically pleasing a smooth tank would look fitted to a Breakout from a side view as it just doesn't quite look right in the photo above.

Nevertheless as a footnote with the luck you appear to have there would of course appear to be no guarantee whatsoever.

Ridged oil tank on an FXSBE.

Last edited by K9F; 12-05-2018 at 08:24 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Fundamentally whilst the cradle of the different frames look almost identical and have different part numbers and in some cases rake the engines are obviously modulated and all fit these frames. Dynas all shared the same frame with different rake available but the Softail Breakouts had a completely different suspension setup that made the rear of the frame radically different. If the oil tanks say they 'fit twin cams, softails, OIL TANK FOR 2000-UP SOFTAIL MODELS' fit they should and as an FXSB Breakout is clearly a member of the Softail family it should fit that too. I would be interested to see how aesthetically pleasing a smooth tank would look fitted to a Breakout from a side view as it just doesn't quite look right in the photo above.

Nevertheless as a footnote with the luck you appear to have there would of course appear to be no guarantee whatsoever.

Ridged oil tank on an FXSBE.

I do consider myself a very lucky person and have been all my life, its just that shit happens sometimes and it generally involves a shyster reneging on a situation which should have been clearly in my favour as with my new £12k boat engine back in 2004 with a two year manufacturers warranty, supplied and fitted by a local Main Volvo Penta Main Dealer, but as I have said, outcomes often depend on who you are dealing with and has little to do with breach of contract or the Law as it stands, but don't get me onto this subject which I can post on for ever from personal experience, only to say that dealing with Main dealers is no guarantee.

I agree about the 'plain' oil tank when the rest of the bike is curved, dimpled, reeded, ridged or decorative in some way, it is my only doubt about this shape or lack of it, however, it does add a lot of chrome to both sides of the bike.

As there appear to be so many variations after FX*** which just confuses me, perhaps I should judge and look by eye for a tank with four pipe holes coming out of the bottom of the tank on the off side with a filler hole above.

I did consider chroming the one which is fitted to the bike but the platers around here want mind blowing prices, then they complain when they go out of business because they have no work, as with the belt guard on my sportster which I wanted chromed, there were estimates of £180 if I prepared the belt guard myself, I had this conversation with bluenose in pm.

In the end it is a hobby and just a bit of fun, not something to be ripped off over.