Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEC Bike Show

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDXT

NEC Bike Show

Bike Show at the NEC is well worth a visit this week, with much to see.
    As usual the specials caught my attention:
    Incidentally, the mate I went with was so taken with the Indian Scout that he walked into his local dealership yesterday & bought one, without so much as a test ride.
    Takes delivery on Saturday. No messing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL1200L
    Great to see the “Fourbeam” is there, I have watched this grow from an idea to the finished bike through the Sunbeam Owners Fellowship ( I have an S8).

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by dipso441 View Post
    ... Incidentally, the mate I went with was so taken with the Indian Scout that he walked into his local dealership yesterday & bought one, without so much as a test ride.
    Takes delivery on Saturday. No messing.
    Wow! That's what I call effective sales technique! (Those girls were gorgeous weren't they?) I too was deeply taken by the Scout - I have even made it onto the Indian Facebook page. (Surprisingly embarrassing!)

46503794_1972156002868922_1489009859524296704_n.jpg

All the Scouts were lovely, absolutely. I went around sitting on as many other bikes as I could that had higher bars than 'normal' 'cos I need the comfort on my Sportster - I had been leaning towards buckhorns but am not so sure now. The bars on this Scout were just about perfect - without having a test ride - as they were about 4" higher than on the other Scouts. Just a lovely bike, your mate is a fortunate (and descerning!) fella'.

I enjoyed the show, which became utterly wonderful when the Indian stand started blaring some hard-core rock 'n roll (Eric Clapton, Elvis, Eddie Cockeran, etc.) Just wonderful. (If I wasn't on pills, I'd have had a few drinks!)

Cheers dipso,

Chris

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    I forgot to say that I was surprised at the various electric bikes at the show. Some looked surprisingly good - mostly the trials-looking bikes. There was also a new British company (I forget the name - it was three letters) which were looking to develope a really good looking bike.

Also, a British company called Herald that I've never heard of: they're offering some great looking small bikes. And lastly, the Royal Enfield KX concept bike was a really great looking bike. I hope they produce it!

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Sandals at the back end of November?

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Ah - you find them attractive? So do I. (I hope all the pretty girls on the stands liked them too. I'm sure they did.) Actually, I keep getting athlete's foot and it gets hot on coaches and at these events so... sandals. Still, with my awesome masculinity, which I've mentioned before, and my devestating beauty, I think I can pull it off. Obviously.

Cheers,

Chris

Erm, but let's focus on the bike. Pleeeease!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisOfTheOT For This Useful Post:

Leeds883 (11-22-2018)

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOfTheOT View Post
    I forgot to say that I was surprised at the various electric bikes at the show... There was also a new British company (I forget the name - it was three letters) which were looking to develope a really good looking bike.
    ARC Vector:

Arc-Vector-fully-electric-Motorcycle-1.jpg

At $100,000, it's not quite the bike I thought it was...

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Morning dipso - that Arch has a 2032cc engine? Bonkers! It must weight a ton - and it's a racer! (As my mum used to say, "Too much on two wheels" - at least for me.)

The Scout, on the other hand, was my favourite of the show:

IMG_2991.jpg

(Actually, I don't recognise the décor - was this taken at the show?) There were half a dozen Scouts there and they were all lovely. The one I sat on several times had higher bars with a driver (& passenger) back rest which was so comfy. The back rest was higher and harder than my Mustang but still excellent, but the bars were superb - perfic for me, at least without a test ride. The only negative I saw at the time was the tank which looks huge from the riding postion; it's really long and surprisingly wide. I checked the specs when I got back... (I couldn't get my varifocals to show the display cards clearly enough at the show!) Actually, the tank capacity is only 12 litres! I can hardly believe it, the tank seems massive: it must be 'wafer thin' to be so small. Rubbish! At least the Sportster has a 17 litre option but I can't see how you'd get a replacement for the Scout as the shape is integral to the design. Maybe you can?

I also found that although the torque is much the same as a Sportster 1200, max torque arrives at about 6000rpm for the Scout, which I thought was quite high revs compared to the Sportster's 3900rpm.

Still, a lovely, lovely bike. Your mate must be chuffed to bits dipso - when's he collecting it?

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDXT
    Hi Chris,
    Pic is of THE bike my pal takes delivery of in the morning. It is the last new`18 Scout the Nottingham dealership had, next deliveries not expected before February.
    Apparently the `Trump Tax` has added 20% to the asking price. Manufacturer has absorbed all it can, but 2019 bikes will be £800 dearer, with only a USB port added to sweeten the pill.
    Confess I know nothing about the modern Injun & how it compares with our beloved HD.
    I do know that, once the deal was done, mate says `chuck a leg over it, see what you think.`
    I hoiked it off the stand as I would my Dyna, & nearly threw it across the showroom. Relatively speaking, it`s a light bike.
    Also, the oe pipes sound good; no need to swap unless you want extra loud.
    I`ll let you know how he goes on with it.
    Cheers,
    dipso441
    Last edited by dipso441; 11-23-2018 at 07:28 PM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDXT
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldvelonut View Post
    Great to see the “Fourbeam” is there, I have watched this grow from an idea to the finished bike through the Sunbeam Owners Fellowship ( I have an S8).
    Specials like this are intriguing. How are the cranks coupled together?
    I`m guessing the Fourbeam is a functional road bike by the front brake mod.
    Cheers,
    dispo441
    Last edited by dipso441; 11-23-2018 at 07:32 PM.