Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL1200L
    Wow! At that price I would walk away and find another that fitted the bill exactly.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Oldvelonut For This Useful Post:

geezer (11-22-2018)

My Ride
    2018 Sportster XL883N Iron & 2017 Breakout FXSB & Kawasaki ZX10 RR KRT & Honda Fireblade SP & others
    I did, particularly with the seller who wanted an additional £500 for the seat, this is not a joke.

but the bikes at a lower price did not have a number of items I would like on them, which when adding the cost to convert came to about the same price, the apes being one of them.
    Last edited by geezer; 11-22-2018 at 10:10 PM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Dependant on what model it was some models mine included have the wiring inside the bars which would make any swap out expensive and potentially problematic having to extend everything to fit apes, they are also fly-by-wire.

You can see quite clearly only the hydraulic lines are exterior to the bars.

Last edited by K9F; 11-22-2018 at 11:18 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    On the M8 engine just to let other members know that what the USA owners experience is also happening here. Firstly my mate bought a new Ultra 2017 and the M8 unit has since thrown its oil pump, water pump, requires more garage time for a clutch-recall (when the parts actually come in) & the sumping issue will be checked yet again - hopefully the latest fix will sort this. Also there are more UK owners with M8 issues on the Sussex Coasters Forum an area-member-group of the Harley Davidson Rides Club of the Great Britain. Just sharing this experience. Personally I would avoid this engine for another couple of years to give time for all these issues to be ironed out; they are slowly (the oil pump was quickly upgraded in power).
    Last edited by steveket; 11-23-2018 at 07:53 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steveket For This Useful Post:

K9F (11-23-2018)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Interesting news Steve. Good advice about waiting, even the Twin Cams were fraught with tensioner issues the first couple of years until they upgraded them to the hydraulic ones. Mine is also up for the clutch recall. Will either wait until I hear or have it done at next service.

Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    I did, particularly with the seller who wanted an additional £500 for the seat, this is not a joke.......
    Be interested to know exactly what made the seat so valuable? I had mine made from scratch with real leather, gel insert and high density foam to my own specifications for a damn sight less. There was a 'Bitchin' Seat' that was up for sale for a Breakout at $2500 over the Pond and that was nearly half price. That was made from Alligator, Calf Hide and Ostrich. Never mind sitting on it, if I owned it, it would be pride of place on a wall somewhere with the price tag clearly visible.
    Last edited by K9F; 11-23-2018 at 08:01 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!

My Ride
    '12 WideGlide, 05 XB9 Buell, 52 Pan,
    “Shit pigs on handling” oh man that made me laugh!
    You know you're getting old when your classic motorcycle wasn't when you bought it...

My Ride
    2018 Sportster XL883N Iron & 2017 Breakout FXSB & Kawasaki ZX10 RR KRT & Honda Fireblade SP & others
    £500 seat, there were other issues with what was included in the £19,000 for this 2014 bike

£500 seat .jpg
    Last edited by geezer; 11-23-2018 at 11:06 AM. Reason: picture

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    It’s a dam shame to have to report the M8 issues. I’m a huge Harley fan; they’ll get it sorted. However, I shudder thinking of my mate shelling out £34000+ and have to suffer an engine not fit for purpose! I have tried the new engine in the Softsil Slim, my fav after the Forty Eight; however, I’m such a fan of the older shake rattle & roll of the older twin-cams or evos I feel a lot of owners like me may never bother with these new smoother engines; the whole point is to have eyeballs asking after each ride!!

My Ride
    I was looking at one particular bike which had huge bars on, I enquired about the cost of fitting mini apes and was astounded at it being £1,686

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1huzfjcn7z...s%20.jpeg?dl=0

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Again the cables are hidden in the bars, this is a prolonged and expensive task with regards to labour as the work involved is intensive. Pick a bike where the cables aren't buried or fly by wire and it's a doddle and much cheaper task.