Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    south coast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 1

    Handel bar/riser problems.

    2017 883 iron with A.B.S
    I need to do something with my stock bars. Ideally i would like to come up & back just a bit.
    After quite some research & getting nowhere other than confused & bearing in mind I have integrated top yolk & riser. does any one have any suggestions as to either bar risers or suggestions as to what bars I might need without replacing the top brake fluid hose which I believe is a can of expensive worms A.B.S !

  2. #2
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    4,012
    Thanked: 1400
    It all depends how high you want to go.

    Hogparts UK in Cannock have plenty of black pullback risers in many heights and to suit all pockets. Have a look on their website.

    These are 4.5" rise, part number is 904443, they cost £34.10 a pair.

    904443k_7df83eb1-b68c-41da-892a-6c60b3694e14_1024x1024.jpg

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

    gc916 (11-10-2018)

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    Posts
    40
    Thanked: 8
    Hiya

    I was in a similar position and recently installed some Biltwell Keystone Bars - hated them but more importantly the ABS line(?) was not tight but definitely would not want to go higher.

    I have accepted that the installation of my 12" ape bars i've had a price from someone in Southampton for the extension of all cables etc of £600 - which I have got booked for next week...

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to olza23 For This Useful Post:

    gc916 (11-10-2018)

  6. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    279
    Thanked: 65
    Integrated top yoke and risers are on 48's not irons ?? On my Iron I fitted Hollywood bars but I did change the brake line which was an easy job with no troubles, just a basic re bleed. Hollywood were fab on the Iron. I then fitted it all to my 48 that I changed to and didnt like them on there as they were too low and gave me neck ache so I fitted the tallboy bars that were fantastic

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to wide For This Useful Post:

    gc916 (11-10-2018)

  8. #5
    Senior Member Leeds883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Posts
    124
    Thanked: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by olza23 View Post
    Hiya

    I was in a similar position and recently installed some Biltwell Keystone Bars - hated them but more importantly the ABS line(?) was not tight but definitely would not want to go higher.

    I have accepted that the installation of my 12" ape bars i've had a price from someone in Southampton for the extension of all cables etc of £600 - which I have got booked for next week...
    Can you shop around? It isn't that hard, I did mine myself for a fraction of that cost

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  9. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    south coast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    9
    Thanked: 1
    Thanks for the replies.
    After reading Wide's comments It got me thinking & on checking again he is right, the top yolk is does not have integrated riser (God knows where I got the my original Idea from).
    So now it just down to bars. The keystone bars do seem to be the answer without having to extend the f/brake hose because although i don't have a problem bleeding it there is a chance that there may be a potential ABS dash fault light problem which I have read about on here & i'm not paying Harley prices just to get it switched off if the light does come on.

  10. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    Posts
    40
    Thanked: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeds883 View Post
    Can you shop around? It isn't that hard, I did mine myself for a fraction of that cost

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    I want to do it myself, but don't know the tools and wouldn't know if I did something wrong until it went wrong!

  11. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    279
    Thanked: 65
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    After reading Wide's comments It got me thinking & on checking again he is right, the top yolk is does not have integrated riser (God knows where I got the my original Idea from).
    So now it just down to bars. The keystone bars do seem to be the answer without having to extend the f/brake hose because although i don't have a problem bleeding it there is a chance that there may be a potential ABS dash fault light problem which I have read about on here & i'm not paying Harley prices just to get it switched off if the light does come on.
    Be aware Ive known many who have fitted Biltwell keystones and have found them fairly uncomfortable after a short while... just a warning !!

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to wide For This Useful Post:

    gc916 (11-11-2018)

  13. #9
    Senior Member Leeds883's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Posts
    124
    Thanked: 59
    Quote Originally Posted by gc916 View Post
    Thanks for the replies.
    After reading Wide's comments It got me thinking & on checking again he is right, the top yolk is does not have integrated riser (God knows where I got the my original Idea from).
    So now it just down to bars. The keystone bars do seem to be the answer without having to extend the f/brake hose because although i don't have a problem bleeding it there is a chance that there may be a potential ABS dash fault light problem which I have read about on here & i'm not paying Harley prices just to get it switched off if the light does come on.
    I added 12 inch apes and had to fit new upper and lower lines and distribution block. As long as you don't cycle the ignition during the whole process including bleeding, the ABS light won't come on and you'll be fine

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeds883 For This Useful Post:

    gc916 (11-11-2018)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •