My Ride
    2000 XL1200S

Naew then from Wigan

Hi,
    I have just joined this forum after buying my second Sportster - a 2000 XL1200S.
    I had a converted 883 Hugger from 1996 to 2013 and have regretted selling it ever since.
    It ended up with SE twin plug heads, 1200 barrels and pistons, Andrews N2 cams, single fire ignition, S&S carb/filter, one-off stainless exhaust and an 883R front end.
    Basically, I built something very similar to the 1200S and unsurprisingly the new bike feels almost exactly the same as the old one.

I don't intend to change much on the new bike - Goodridge hoses and a good service should have it back on the road.
    All the bling that had been fitted is already in the bin. The pile included the seat so a NOS single seat off ebay now resides in it's place.

Looking forward to the oil threads !!

Any SOAS survivors out there ?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vinsdad For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (11-07-2018)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Welcome from the South Coast. Wigan Pier-Northern Soul......Brilliant!

SOAS Survivors? Apparently it's a University in London.....School of Oriental and African Studies. Every day is a school day for me!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hi Vinsdad,

Welcome to the forum from Calderdale in West Yorkshire, the other side of the Pennines from yourself.

How about posting a photo of your Sporty?

My Ride
    2000 XL1200S
    Not that posh, I'm afraid. Sheep on a Stick. It was a rally held near Builth Wells by a chap called Fox off the old Yahoo forum for Sportster owners.
    He bought a sheep and spit roasted it. We provided nibbles and beer. Good times !