Thread: Oh my God !

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

Oh my God !

Kind of had a impulsive moment.... Ive been hankering for a Road King for a while now, mainly because 1. I just love the look of them 2. Im a big bloke and wife tell me Id look better on it than my 48...3. I go to France Belgium touring and the 48 ,well Im always trying to fit it for purpose !! And 4, hours on the motorway, I just feel the RK will just do it a whole load better, Im also hoping to ride to Spain next year, and not overly excited about doing it on the 48. Now ive always been a fan of a test ride first but Ive just thought sod it and p/x'd on a moment of impulsiveness, mainly because I didnt want to test ride a Milwaukee 8 and then ride an older model . Hope Ive done something I wont regret as Ive loved every minute on My Sporties, but looking forward to a big twin

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Wide you are akin to many others who 'outgrow' the Sportster and move up to a larger bike. I did it for much the same reasoning carrying loads/pillion over further distances. The one thing I did miss was the simple hacking about locally on a whim with the smaller machine. Solution was to buy another but not a Harley for belting around locally and commuting. Come time for your next longer haul jaunt you'll realise the decision you have made was the right one I guarantee it. I still miss my 48 but not as much as I once did. The second bike made things a hell of a lot better.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    Wide you are akin to many others who 'outgrow' the Sportster and move up to a larger bike. I did it for much the same reasoning carrying loads/pillion over further distances. The one thing I did miss was the simple hacking about locally on a whim with the smaller machine. Solution was to buy another but not a Harley for belting around locally and commuting. Come time for your next longer haul jaunt you'll realise the decision you have made was the right one I guarantee it. I still miss my 48 but not as much as I once did. The second bike made things a hell of a lot better.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Plan is hopefully to get a cheap 883 to use as a local scoot but will see when I have available funds

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk