Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster low
    The mounting points are already on the frame, they take the forward mounts on the custom models.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    What do you think about fitting some highway pegs where the forward controls would be? lets say i am cruising in 5th gear there is nothing me using these pegs for comfort when maintaining a constant speed?

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 10-29-2018 at 10:02 PM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    I tried it on mine Dave - didn't work.

AL

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gettin'onabit For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-30-2018), olza23 (10-30-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin'onabit View Post
    I tried it on mine Dave - didn't work.

AL
    Cheers AL.

There are companies selling highway pegs for Sportster's, but they're asking around £350 for them.I think that's far too expensive, £100 would be nearer the mark in my opinion.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 10-30-2018 at 12:37 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

olza23 (10-30-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    Crikey. It's never ending and the amount of choice makes it harder for me to make a decision. I also find there is such a range of prices for seemingly the "same product" that I am put off by the lower end of the range due to quality concerns yet the expensive stuff is expensive!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to olza23 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-30-2018)

My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by olza23 View Post
    Crikey. It's never ending and the amount of choice makes it harder for me to make a decision. I also find there is such a range of prices for seemingly the "same product" that I am put off by the lower end of the range due to quality concerns yet the expensive stuff is expensive!

Well mine are what you could consider "the lower end of the range" but I couldn't be more pleased with them. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the skull design on the foot rests. I was going to reuse the stock pegs, but these ones are 50% larger which feel alot better. I'll swap them out once I've found a pair that I like. I'm sure the ones from Harley themselves are superior, but they are also 4 times he cost. I doubt they are 4 times as well built. Like Gettin'onabit said, you have to work within what you can afford.

I'm confident enough that these will be staying on that I'd be willing to sell the mid controls on if somebody was interested. Is there a market for second hand mid controls? Usually people are making the jump to forwards and not the other way around.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Leeds883 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-30-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Don't forget that with the Chinese forwards, there is a good chance that the underside lug of the brake pedal with need re-profiling so it doesn't foul on the stock heatshield of some models. Not hard to do, though, just aggravating.

With what I know now about the components and how they fit and work etc etc, because I have access to machinery, I reckon I could design and make a set which would be stronger and less unsightly than either the HD or Chinese ones.

But as I couldn't get on with the forwards, I ain't bothering.

My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Don't forget that with the Chinese forwards, there is a good chance that the underside lug of the brake pedal with need re-profiling so it doesn't foul on the stock heatshield of some models. Not hard to do, though, just aggravating.
    Mine sits VERY close but isn't fowling

With what I know now about the components and how they fit and work etc etc, because I have access to machinery, I reckon I could design and make a set which would be stronger and less unsightly than either the HD or Chinese ones.
    You may not have a need for them, but plenty others do. Maybe you could join in with Bluenose-1956's entrepreneur spirit and start a production line?

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by olza23 View Post

Here are highway mini foot boards that are available on eBay from China.

They clamp onto the frame front down tubes, the eBay number is 382553027058, the price is £71.27 including shipping to the UK. Please bear in mind that they may be subject to UK import duty.

s-l1600 (59).jpgs-l1600 (66).jpgs-l1600 (67).jpg