Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    I have been using NGK for many years, I would not knowingly use anything else.

If you want to spend even less money at HD, why don't you use the MOT station HD took your bike to and cut out HD altogether, I do, it also stops other people riding my bike

The MOT was £29.99 that's standard price I believe?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnnythefox For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-22-2018)

My Ride
    2018 Sportster XL883N Iron & 2017 Breakout FXSB & Kawasaki ZX10 RR KRT & Honda Fireblade SP & others
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    The MOT was £29.99 that's standard price I believe?
    Yes, the standard price perhaps,

but I have been going to Mark now for a few years and he only charges me £25, I also find him very informative and interesting,

he can also do any work which might need doing, he's a very nice 'old school' guy and no one rides your bike.

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    The reason I had HD do my MOT is that because they sell short shot exhausts they are guaranteed to pass them (albeit with an advisory), since they are loudish and lets be honest not actually for road use other places might fail them. although I'm sure you could check this with your preferred chap, Plymouth HD also told me that they will pass a side mounted plate for MOT as long as a standard size plate is fitted for the test - what size you put back after that is up to you.
    Last edited by Johnnythefox; 10-20-2018 at 12:57 PM.

My Ride
    2018 Sportster XL883N Iron & 2017 Breakout FXSB & Kawasaki ZX10 RR KRT & Honda Fireblade SP & others
    I just thought you wanted to use anyone other than HD

that said, Mark is the MOT chap Plymouth HD use, its on the bottom of your MOT certificate.

just thought this might help.

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    here's what i actually said - I wouldn't buy an HD spark plug from HD anywhere at the price they charge, NGK for me, had my bike MOT by Plymouth Harley today, PASS (advisory for loud exhaust (short shots)).

On my certificate is says Location of the test - Eagle Road, Langage Business Park Plympton Plymouth
    Testing Organisation - Plymouth Harley Davidson
    Inspector name - N. Tozer

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    here's what i actually said - I wouldn't buy an HD spark plug from HD anywhere at the price they charge, NGK for me, had my bike MOT by Plymouth Harley today, PASS (advisory for loud exhaust (short shots)).

On my certificate is says Location of the test - Eagle Road, Langage Business Park Plympton Plymouth
    Testing Organisation - Plymouth Harley Davidson
    Inspector name - N. Tozer
    I agree - NGK. Been using them since 1980 at least.

I am surprised you got an advisory for your exhaust, though.

My tester did my bike in July and although it has Straight Shots (which have had an advisory ever since the first MOT) he tells me that the new MOT test rules don't really require an advisory on loud exhausts if they aren't marked 'Not for Road Use'; which is why he didn't do an advisory in July.

AL

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    an advisory for loud pipes on a Harley is almost a badge of honour :-) but you make a good point, but I don't need to take any action so all good.

My Ride
    Back to the Fault in Candy Flake Fuel Tank.

The second replacement had arrived a few weeks ago, the bike was taken away and returned yesterday but not with the tank I was told I could have, in addition to that the filler hole is rusty, one of the black plastic cheek pieces is missing and if I complain I am ridiculed as though it is I who have done something wrong, what a sham.
    Last edited by geezer; 12-13-2018 at 09:51 PM. Reason: cheek pieces is missing