Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    2018 Sportster XL883N Iron & 2017 Breakout FXSB & Kawasaki ZX10 RR KRT & Honda Fireblade SP & others
    That has always been my approach to this problem, but all of my suggestions were rejected, ridiculed and scoffed at.

When I became tired of waiting and offered to cancel the replacement new tank under warranty, it was rejected, ridiculed and scoffed at and I was told...." you cant cancel it".

The same thing happened when I said I would have the job done myself, it was rejected, ridiculed and scoffed at and I was told no this could not be done.

When I offered to take a different colour tank as a means to resolve the problem as an alternative option, it was rejected, ridiculed and scoffed at and I was told "there are no spare tanks there are only a certain number of tanks made for a certain number of bikes"

When I rang and asked why they had not rung me to up date me, the manager asked me to confirm my number and then he replied in a loud, musical and drawn out way......

..."Ohhh! thaaats whhhy weee have nottt been able to ring you, we have your number the other way around"
    less than honest and unprofessional in my opinion.

but they had always rung me on the same number previously without any trouble, particularly when they wanted full payment back in May.

Its a simple case of...we got your money now F off

My Ride
    2018 Sportster XL883N Iron & 2017 Breakout FXSB & Kawasaki ZX10 RR KRT & Honda Fireblade SP & others
    Just an update to this.

I spoke to my local HD branch today who say the Main Harley Davidson Company will only change like for like under their warranty so all the talk about the tank being replaced with any colour to resolve this problem quicker was a waste of time and effort.

However, another new replacement tank has been ordered, but it will not arrive until December, then it will have to be booked in to be fitted, that could well be sometime in January 2019

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    IMO you are getting the runaround and a load of bollox.

I would get an agreement to fit the damn tank yourself......two bolts, a quick fit push on hose union and a plug. How hard is that for a main dealer to do?

Lodge a formal complaint with the dealer and send a copy to HD UK.

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    I disagree, you would need to swop the fuel pump around (not hard) but why run even the small chance of causing damage yourself? if the dealer screws up again you get another tank until they get it right.

However it would be wise to let HD UK know what has happened.

My Ride
    deleted and replied to post as below
    Last edited by geezer; 10-16-2018 at 10:32 AM. Reason: deleted and replied to post as below

My Ride
    deleted and replied to post as below for clarity
    Last edited by geezer; 10-16-2018 at 10:33 AM. Reason: deleted and replied to post as below for clarity

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettin'onabit View Post
    IMO you are getting the runaround and a load of bollox.

I would get an agreement to fit the damn tank yourself......two bolts, a quick fit push on hose union and a plug. How hard is that for a main dealer to do?

Lodge a formal complaint with the dealer and send a copy to HD UK.
    I appreciate and accept your comments but alas I feel that would only make me very unpopular and I don't think it would actually help the situation,

It could well be that I am getting this kind of treatment already partly due to the accurate account of the dealership shortfalls I reported in the feedback I sent to Head Office when I first purchased the bike back in May this year.

The local branch say the delays are due to the tank having to come from the States, transported to Belgium then on to the UK

I do find this time delay excessive, I have ordered items from the States and had them in 4 working days from the order.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    I disagree, you would need to swop the fuel pump around (not hard) but why run even the small chance of causing damage yourself? if the dealer screws up again you get another tank until they get it right.

However it would be wise to let HD UK know what has happened.
    Yes, as it has been pointed out before,

changing anything and in this case, the tank, myself would invalidate my warranty and would make me responsible for any unforeseen possible damage,

If the 'Master technician' at the Main Harley Davidson Plymouth Dealership cant fit a fuel tank without damaging it, what chance do I stand

My Ride
    I just had another call from my local HD,

they said they have ordered a fuel tank of a different colour and that it will be here sometime.

My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Aren't you bothered about the colour of the tank matching the front and rear mudguards?