Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Wide Glide
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
    Well the PA-31 much better for loading with its cargo door.

All the fleet are standard doors, with a Lifeport load system, which is a PITA from what I have seen and heard from others using it.

Believe that they are looking for a cargo variant, but they are rather like rocking horse s**t

http://www.capitalairambulance.co.uk...perience/fleet

are you still flying ? we need Crew in Jersey. Capt's or RH seat, client wants two crew ops
    aye, the lifeport, will test the crew's back for sure

see you have the raisbeck mod

engineer (was), not crew, unfortunately

My Ride
    Heritage Softail, 883 Sportster
    I was actually thinking of the Lifeport electric loading system beign more a test of endurance and patience, and risk of trapping fingers during assembly on the rear steps. Thing is a bloody nightmare. Lifting the patient and stretcher off the ambo trolley on to the standard load ramp usually not a major issue in the PA-31- even mostly in to the B-200, though it is a bit higher ..for lighter patients it is not an issue .

The load system is a pain to assembly and remove off of the steps and takes up most of the rear load area.

But for bigger patients or those with complex kit on the stretcher (ventilators/ pumps etc) it is good, although expensive.

Certainly better than dragging a patient in to a C-310 through the rear load 'door' (hatch) on a blanket !!

Yes one of the fleet has the Raisbeck/ Blackahwk mod, not flown that one.

If you know of any King air drivers looking for work, let them know if they fancy re locating to Jersey

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilP View Post
    I'll try the Portal, thanks Try looking up the front wheel for a 05 Heritage Softail, ..it brings up the second page , but nto the first, part index number 18 onwards. Page for the first 18 is missing. I have e-mailed Tony about that, no reply yet.

Depends on exact model of Heritage whether your front wheel was 16" or 21" on the Harley Portal the 16" one without bearing is part number 43011-05B available from Jersey Harley-Davidson for the princely sum of £606:57.

All the part numbers are listed in the portal. Worth registering and having a mooch about.
    Last edited by K9F; 09-25-2018 at 10:13 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    OK, yes, I have registered and yes as you say , £606. yikes.Not sure if it is the 16 or 21, looks like 16.I'd like to go with solids if I can..just saves all that cleaning around the spokes and poor quality chrome that rusts off at a moments notice in the salty jersey air.Just need to be sure if the axle etc is the same..can a laced be swapped for a disk wheel or are spacers / forks etc different

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Rev Tech do some nice solid wheels. But that would be taking you down a path you don't want to go. By cross referencing parts and getting the part number for the wheel you want (be it solid or otherwise) on the portal the final column will show you what bikes the part fitted. Many Softail parts can be swapped directly from one to the other as the frames and often the forks were the same/similar but could be interchanged. You can also always buy an unlaced rim and hub and lace it with stainless spokes perhaps or the thicker Mammoth ones which are much better quality than standard. Spacers may be required but anyone handy with a lathe would be able to knock you up what you require or shave a bit off your existing ones if they're still ok?.

Rev Tech wheels on a mate's 48. But they are costly.

Last edited by K9F; 09-26-2018 at 08:11 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    I know the axle is snapped, but that is as far as I have looked.

Got a couple of lathes here, so knocking up spacers not an issue.

Just need to get the interest back..or sell it and just live with one bike, the 1200 Sporty