My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDWG

3 in 1 tail lights for a 2013 FXDWG

Hi, I'm a newbie to the forum so sorry if it's been asked before but does any one know what's involved in swapping my tail light and indicators for the breakout style 3in1 type? TIA

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stu-tattoo For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (09-20-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hi stu-tattoo,

Welcome to the forum from Calderdale in West Yorkshire.

You're right, it has been asked before.

The genuine H-D LED 3-in-1 rear lamps are very expensive, £404.86 VAT free per pair from Jersey H-D. A mainland UK dealership will slap 20% onto that price.

There are alternative aftermarket options available from A R Harley & Sons Ltd in Blackpool. The indicators are made by Doss and they look like replicas of the stock units. They're available with black or chrome bodies, and amber, smoked or clear lenses. They're a lot cheaper than the H-D units.

Black body with amber lens.
    (ARM661915) £59.18 each.
    3-1-led-bullet-tail-light-turn-signal-arm661915.jpg

Chrome body with amber lens.
    (ARM161915) £56.75 each.

3-1-led-bullet-tail-light-turn-signal-arm161915.jpg

Black body with smoked lens.
    (ARM761915) £56.75 each.

3-1-led-bullet-tail-light-turn-signal-arm761915.jpg

Chrome body with smoked lens.
    (ARM261915) £56.75 each.

3-1-led-bullet-tail-light-turn-signal-arm261915.jpg

Black body with clear lens.
    (ARM861915) £56.75 each.

3-1-led-bullet-tail-light-turn-signal-arm861915.jpg

Chrome body with clear lens.
    (ARM361915) £56.75 each.

3-1-led-bullet-tail-light-turn-signal-arm361915.jpg

n-a.jpg

If you're not good with things auto electrical, it would be best to get someone who is.

I hope that's answered your question.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 09-20-2018 at 11:43 PM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    De-pin your existing connectors and if they've been prepared correctly just insert the pins on the replacement indicators into your original connectors and hook 'em up. Ironically I am selling both by front and rear stop/turn/run indicators with the mounts from my Breakout at the moment for less than any of the above. They are advertised elsewhere so drop me a pm if interested.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDWG
    Thanks a lot ��

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by stu-tattoo View Post
    ��
    Expansion??

Front indicators come with two wires, a single black which is ground or earth and a coloured positive.

Rears have four cables one black ground or earth and three coloured for running light, stop light and indicator.

Unless you buy OEM it is highly unlikely you will get plug and play.

The front are easy to swap out as you can simply disconnect your battery cut the cables and splice. This I would recommend as the connectors are buried deep under your fuel tank.

The rears the connectors are under your seat. If you locate them you can pull out the orange locking plate fascia from the four socket connector and unlock and extract the sockets from the rear of the connector. Once again it is unlikely that aftermarket ones already have the sockets or connectors fitted so you need to retain and use the ones currently fitted.

You can of course also cut and splice the rears nevertheless the connectors are accessible enough to negate this if you wish to do a pucker job?

Hope this clarifies. The ones I am knocking on has the sockets already crimped ready to be inserted straight into the connectors once the cables have been routed and secured.
    Last edited by K9F; 09-21-2018 at 04:09 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Wide Glide
    unless, somebody knows something to the contrary (in which case, i am all ears, as i am fishing here), if you later decide to fit the HD removable docking kit on a dyna, you will lose 2 wires, as the hole diameter is too small for the required relocation kit that goes onto the docking kit. HD do put out a note to the effect that the docking kit wont work with LED's