Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    My Ride
    2018 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    I sometimes walk into mine too. Mine folds in to stop this happening

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    .....Regarding the low side plate holder, I put one on my Rocker C, but I found walking into it frequently was very painful, caused much bruising and cuts and was detrimental to the coolness of walking around my Rocker C. so it came off very quickly. just my opinion and experiences.

Just look where you're walking, I have to.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Just realised I had promised Olza23 a view of the side plate. It was £50 off eBay and is identical in every way to the original HD version which is over £200. On a side note, I did 20 miles on it today before realising I had left it folded in

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leeds883 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (09-23-2018), olza23 (09-23-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    Like it - what are the rules on having it illuminated? Is there one?

My Ride
    Yes there is a light you can just see it on the right. I'm not sure it's compulsory on a motorbike however

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    There isn't a law on registration plate illumination, personally I think it's safer to have your plate lit up but it's not required for the MOT test.

A centrally mounted red reflector on the rear of the motorcycle is mandatory, not having one is an instant MOT failure. You can't use red reflective tape on the rear, it must be a proper reflector.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    How are you getting on with the non-stock shocks? Any change in the ride? I am looking to install a set of 11" Burly or Progressive shocks if I can find a set cheap enough. I know I can get a pair of unbranded ones but not sure on the quality.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by olza23 View Post
    How are you getting on with the non-stock shocks? Any change in the ride? I am looking to install a set of 11" Burly or Progressive shocks if I can find a set cheap enough. I know I can get a pair of unbranded ones but not sure on the quality.
    These are 11.75 burley replicas. I wouldn't say the ride is any worse, maybe slightly firmer. A touring air shock conversation is on the list

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    There isn't a law on registration plate illumination, personally I think it's safer to have your plate lit up but it's not required for the MOT test.

A centrally mounted red reflector on the rear of the motorcycle is mandatory, not having one is an instant MOT failure. You can't use red reflective tape on the rear, it must be a proper reflector.
    Bugger the MOT Dave - if Plod want to do you for not having one, they will....

The Road Vehicles Lighting Regulations

SCHEDULE 15 requirements relating to obligatory rear registration plate lamps

1. Number:
    Such that the lamp or lamps are capable of adequately illuminating the rear registration plate

2. Position:
    Such that the lamp or lamps are capable of adequately illuminating the rear registration plate

3. Angles of visibility:

4. Alignment:

5. Markings–

(a) A motor vehicle first used on or after 1st April 1986 and a trailer manufactured on or after 1st October 1985:
    An approval mark

(b) A motor vehicle first used before 1st April 1986 and a trailer manufactured before 1st October 1985:
    No requirement

6. Size of illuminated area:
    No requirement

7. Colour:
    White

8. Wattage:
    No requirement

9. Intensity:
    No requirement

10. Electrical connections:
    No individual requirement

11. Tell-tale:
    No requirement

12. Definitions–

In this Schedule “approval mark” means–
    (a)

in relation to a solo motor bicycle, a motor bicycle combination and a trailer drawn by a solo motor bicycle or a motor bicycle combination, a marking designated as an approval mark by regulation 4 of the Designation of Approval Marks Regulations and shown at item 50A of Schedule 2 to those Regulations; and
    (b)

in relation to any other motor vehicle and any other trailer, either–
    (i)

a marking designated as an approval mark by regulation 5 of the Designation of Approval Marks Regulations and shown at item 10 of Schedule 4 to those Regulations; or
    (ii)

a marking designated as an approval mark by regulation 4 of the Designation of Approval Marks Regulations and shown at item 4 of Schedule 2 to those Regulations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Gettin'onabit For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-02-2018)

My Ride
    I am a class 4 and 7 MOT tester (cars and vans) and we are in the process of adding a motorbike MOT bay. Just checked with the lad who has just got back from the motorbike course and the reg plate light is now a testable item. They made quite a few changes on the 20th May this year and looks like that was one of them on the motorbike side of things