My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48

New to harleys looking for meetings or ride outs

Hi there all, I have just purchased my first harley a 48 1200 and I am looking for meetings or ride outs. I am located near East Midland air port any help would be appreciated. Thank you all.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Teggy48 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-08-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Welcome to the forum from Calderdale in West Yorkshire.

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    Welcome to the forum from sunny Devon

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    Quote Originally Posted by Teggy48 View Post
    Hi there all, I have just purchased my first harley a 48 1200 and I am looking for meetings or ride outs. I am located near East Midland air port any help would be appreciated. Thank you all.
    Hi, if you find you have any questions during the first few weeks of ownership, or any time, there are plenty of experienced "Forty Eight" owners here to help, including me. When you start thinking of modifications, fire away too for suggestions. Before you ask though, pretty much all Harleys (I've ridden most models) are a bumpy ride compared to most other makes and no matter what shocks you start thinking about, the 48 is a bare bones ride, better to accept that from the off. This is my penny's worth on this to help & I can ride on all day trips like this; put the rear shocks on the softest/longest travel setting, go for around 37 psi in the rear rather than 40, (standard 36 up front), and install a solo springer seat. The springer seat is a godsend. I'm on the Southcoast so can't offer you a meet up. I love my Forty Eight and smile every time I go to ride, even after almost 4 years! Never had that with any of my previous Jap bikes over 30 years. Best w.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steveket For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-09-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Teggy48 Not everyones cup of tea on here, but If you want regular rideouts with sporty owners have a look on FB for Sportster Sickness UK. I know they have a East Midlands group who get out a lot locally and for bigger rides.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark881 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-20-2018)