My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2018 FXLR

Harley cable connectors etc

Looking for a 4, 3 and 2 harley cable connectors, any suggestions as to where you can get these?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Yes! The connectors are from the Deutsch DT M Series.

Part numbers, replace the 'P' at the end for an 'S' if you want the female end.

Two pin Deutsch DT M04 2P

Three pin Deutsch DT M04 3P

Four pin Deutsch DT M04 4P

You can of course re-use the old ones if rewiring. You get a small pair of needle nose pliers and pull the orange fascia out of the front of the connector. Then using a watchmakers screwdriver pull the rubber rear out of the rear of the connector and you will then see the pins or sockets locking tabs. Release these and the cables will extract out of the rear of the plug/socket. There is also an insert extract tool available that makes things easier. RS Components sell them or go online and do a search using Deutsch DT M Series as your key words. You will also need crimping pliers. Just been through process of wiring up rear end on my Breakout hence the information is still fresh.

Alternatively these connectors are used prolifically in the automotive industry. Find your nearest scrap dealer, take a pair of wire cutters and get yourself as many as you need from there. Charles Trent on the Ringwood Road is where I source a lot of my bits 'n' bobs.

As you live close you can borrow the tooling but you will need to collect and return from mine.
    Last edited by K9F; 07-23-2018 at 08:25 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2018 FXLR
    Seems like it might be an idea to meet up, chance for me to also talk through some plans, pick your brains?

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Will drop you a ‘PM’ later when time allows.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    2017 Harley-Davidson XL1200T
    There is quite a few different connectors used on our bikes. I found this link the other day and got the connectors from RS, Farnell or ebay.

http://www.harley-davidson-hangout.c...r-part-numbers