Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hi Janno,

Looks like your XLH1200C is a "grey import" originally sold for use outside the European Union. Speedo's for the EU market have dual calibration, MPH and KPH. Your Speedo doesn't look like it's the original fitment, the XLH883C and XLH1200C models have a speedo with a chrome plated bezel, not a black one. The chrome bezel is to match the chrome speedo mounting clamp and housing. The correct UK market speedo for a 2000 "Custom" Sportster is H-D part number 67284-99A.

Harley-Davidson_X1200_Sportster_Custom_11pop (1).jpg

See my 2011 Iron 883 speedo below, it has dual calibration, I've installed an H-D tachometer upgrade so I have dual instruments.

IMG_20140719_215100 (2).jpg

Dod is right about pressing the trip button on the back of the my speedometer to change the recorded mileage from miles to kilometres, but as your speedometer face is calibrated in KPH only, that might not work on yours.

Try contacting a dealership for more help, I've always found Tony at Jersey H-D to be very helpful.

Jersey H-D contacts :-

Phone :- 01524 855601.
    Email :- info@jerseyh-d.com

Cheers,

Dave.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200xlh

Quote Originally Posted by K9F View Post
    You are on the right track with your sticker modification. Whilst there are many decal conversion stickers from MPH to Kilometres I couldn't find any the other way round. Dod is correct the ECU does log the mileage and with clock changes problems can ensue if not done correctly with the appropriate software. If you can get access to your bezel within your speedo buying another clock and swapping out the dial only may be an idea? If you are prepared to live with stickers the kit below appears 'on the face of it' (no pun intended) to meet legislation.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MPH-stick...-/380747734671
    Thank you for your replies guys I’ve just ordered the recommended stickers, as well as a shed load of parts etc from your advised suppliers, a huge thank you to you all for your help.........Ride Safely Janno 👍

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Janno For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (07-13-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200xlh
    Thank you for your advice Dave, how interesting a grey import eh?, I just love my old school Harley, I was only last week gonna rush out and buy a Triumph Street Triple 2017 ....but I’m well pleased with my Harley, I’m gonna go right through everything from front to back it’ll be like new when I’ve finished....
    Just love your Speedo and tachometer set up looks fab, was it expensive to do?, not sure I’d have the correct wiring on mine to do it.......
    Thanks Dave ������

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Janno For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (07-13-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Janno View Post
    Thank you for your advice Dave, how interesting a grey import eh?, I just love my old school Harley, I was only last week gonna rush out and buy a Triumph Street Triple 2017 ....but I’m well pleased with my Harley, I’m gonna go right through everything from front to back it’ll be like new when I’ve finished....
    Just love your Speedo and tachometer set up looks fab, was it expensive to do?, not sure I’d have the correct wiring on mine to do it.......
    Thanks Dave ������
    Hi Janno,

Thanks for your kind comments,

The tachometer upgrade kit cost me £340 from Jersey H-D it came with installation instructions. I had to buy a new handlebar clamp, once fitted the kit's a plug and play affair.

I prefer the balanced look of the dual instruments, and the rev counter is handy to have.

Glad you're enjoying your Sportster, I look forward to your future posts.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

Janno (07-14-2018)