Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Normandy or the Moselle wine growing region of Germany will be next. Have arranged with the mate that came with me to Hamburg to possibly include the families next year. They travel by car with all the gear and we take the bikes perhaps? Everybody's happy then.

Ordered several parts to include Thunderbike 260mm rear fender with integrated stop/tail and indicators in the rear edge of the fender, arriving next week Tuesday from Germany, Cult Werks rear side number plate mount arriving Tueday from A R Harley in Blackpool and an Air Ride Shotgun Shock coming from the good ol' US of A being shipped Tuesday with a 5-7 day arrival. Have also arranged the services of Wicked Coatings near me in Poole to 'carbon dip' the rear fender and side number plate mount as mentioned previously and a bespoke motorcycle seat and furniture upholsterer in Andover to manufacture me a custom seat on the fibreglass seat base I had to order with the fender as the OEM seat will not fit. Bike also gets a new Metzeler 880 260X40X18 fitted next week Saturday to start the project off. Exciting and busy times ahead for a few weeks methinks?

Same shock very similar fender and 260mm rear tyre.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z39isJGnZQg
    Last edited by K9F; 07-06-2018 at 08:39 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Triumph Bonneville, HD Breakout
    Hey Malcolm, thanks for sharing the pics!

I love road trips.... I used to do at least 2 big ones a year (in a car) and we'd get home destroyed but super happy.

I'd love to do one with the Harley. The Breakout does not strike me as a "road trip friendly" bike though....

I want to know more about the mods planned for your bike!!!

I spend a lot of time on thunderbike.de very dangerous place!!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 911teo For This Useful Post:

K9F (07-11-2018)

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by 911teo View Post
    I'd love to do one with the Harley. The Breakout does not strike me as a "road trip friendly" bike though....

Hi Matteo, I have started a thread about the forthcoming CVO modifications. On my trip I ensured I had nothing strapped to my back. The pillion seat was removed and a Motherwell rack fitted. Onto the rack I secured a Kriega 30 litre US dry bag. This was the clobber for Hamburg. With two stops planned I placed a smaller rucksack onto the Kriega, this served me as an overnight bag. Swing arm bag contained tools, puncture repair kit and waterproofs. The two bags on the Motherwell rack also served as back support. The Breakout for me was ideal, comfortable as hell. Mind you on the return journey it was fatigue not discomfort or pain that did me in. I am not ashamed to admit that the distance covered of 570 miles was enough for one single day!

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Triumph Bonneville, HD Breakout
    Yeah... I saw the thread after I wrote the comment...