My Ride
    '17 Roadstsr

V&H pipes, will I benefit from an FP3.

Hi all, new to the forum and Harleys. I've been riding sports bikes for a long time and have just made the switch to HD. My 2nd hand roadster came with V&H pipes, I think they are Twin Slash 3 Inch Slip-ons. I'll try and attach a photo. At low speeds the fuelling seems a bit jerky but never having ridden a v twin before I don't know if this is usual. The air filter is standard, would I benefit from an FP3? I'm aware of warranty issues if I get one.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My Ride
    Triumph Bonneville, HD Breakout
    Hi
    I have just bought a 2017 second hand Breakout as my 1st HD. It came with V&H pipes and a Screaming Eagle heavy duty air breather.

I am also experiencing some "interesting" fueling "issues". For me it is worse as it gets hotter.

Anyway my 2 cents.

It would be beneficial to have the bike tuned to your configuration.

My bike is still under warranty plus it has another 12 month additional warranty as part of the 2nd hand approved scheme when buying from a HD dealer. My bike has a SE pro tuner.

I hope this helps.

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    takes 5 mins to revert to original map and disconnect the tuner, who would ever know you had even used one?

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Despite the common advice that changing just the pipes or air cleaner wont affect tuning, I have seen first hand from dyno work that it most definitely does. You would be better off fitting the FP3 but if spending on that, a faster flowing air filter would be the obvious thing to do as well, to release more torque and smooth the power response (you'll probably gain somewhere between 5 to 8 BHP over stock and about the same in ft-lbs).

My Ride
    '17 Roadstsr
    Cheers! I'll look at a filter and FP3 when finances allow, I've just dropped a whole lot of £££ on new riding kit!

My Ride
    Triumph Bonneville, HD Breakout
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    takes 5 mins to revert to original map and disconnect the tuner, who would ever know you had even used one?
    Unfortunately the ECU stores all the flashes in a place that cannot be accessed by the tuners. So HD can retrieve the full history of the maps loaded.