My Ride
    '17 Roadstsr

Clutch dragging ? 2017 Roadster

Hi all,

New to riding HDs so not sure if this is a 'feature' or I need to get it checked.

My 2017 Roadster (800 miles on the clock) is hard to push when it's in gear and the clutch is in, when in neutral it's easy to push. Also when I start her with the clutch in and in gear she pulls forward a little. Do I need to get the clutch adjusted ? (If it can even be adjusted)

I know the solution is just push it/start it in neutral but as it's still under dealer warranty I thought i'd ask about the clutch.

Thanks.

P

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PDF For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (06-26-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Welcome to the forum from Calderdale in West Yorkshire,

The bikes still under the manufacturers 2 year guarantee, if you think there's a problem with the clutch get your nearest H-D dealership to check it out. The bike won't have had it's first service yet, it's due at 1000 miles, you could book it in early for the first service. The dealer will check the clutch operation as part of that service.

I fail to understand why you'd want to push it around while it's in gear, surely it's easier to push it in neutral.

Best of luck.

My Ride
    '17 Roadstsr
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I'll get it checked out. The reason is where I keep the bike overnight I have to move it over gravel and I have to do a bit of forward/back positioning whist sat on it. Using 1st to move it forward, then clutch in to go back. I'll knock it in neutral to go back to make life easier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PDF For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (06-26-2018)