My Ride
    A proper bike

Tour packs...what do you use?

Looking to acquire (cheaply if poss) a sissy-bar type tour pack of reasonable proportions for at least a week away (with camping gear). What do you guys use? I've so far narrowed it down to this:

Not sure how long it'll last as it's cheap as chips but as it's something that'll get at most 4 weeks use a year I'm not spending big money. Done the bin-bag and rucksack strapped to the bike thing and not going back to it as I'd rather have something designed for the job with ease of access and security once fitted main considerations.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster 48
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    Looking to acquire (cheaply if poss) a sissy-bar type tour pack of reasonable proportions for at least a week away (with camping gear). What do you guys use? I've so far narrowed it down to this:

Not sure how long it'll last as it's cheap as chips but as it's something that'll get at most 4 weeks use a year I'm not spending big money. Done the bin-bag and rucksack strapped to the bike thing and not going back to it as I'd rather have something designed for the job with ease of access and security once fitted main considerations.
    I use the Kreiga bag, currently have the US-30 but looking to add a couple of 10’s at some stage.
    Excellent bag that fixes well to my rack, but due to the fixing nature could easily attach to my sissy bar if I wanted.
    I tend to strap my tent to the top of it, but everything else fits inside nicely.
    The addition of the smaller bags would enable you to up the capacity for longer trips or easy access to items required frequently.
    £120 for US-30 not ‘cheap’, but can be found on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Thanks Fortyeight. Yes, seen that one but can't justify the budget at the moment.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Buck, I use SW Motech legend gear when touring as I think it suits the Harley look.
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Quote Originally Posted by xbpod View Post
    Buck, I use SW Motech legend gear when touring as I think it suits the Harley look.
    They make some great gear xbpod, but way above my current budget unfortunately. I'm after a 50 litre storage pack (or packs) to take enough clothing and clobber for a few weeks touring. The tent will be strapped to the pillion seat, panniers will hold tools, camping stove and other heavy items, so that pack's really for clothing, cameras, chargers, first aid kit and food storage.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Enjoy your few weeks touring. I'm off a next Tuesday but only for 10 days as mate can't get a pass out for any longer.
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Quote Originally Posted by xbpod View Post
    Enjoy your few weeks touring. I'm off a next Tuesday but only for 10 days as mate can't get a pass out for any longer.
    Same here (time-wise, we're limited but I may get away later in the year). We're not going too far...up to Snowdonia, Conway, then around the coast to Pembrokshire mainly to spot the best places to camp for a longer stay next year. So many one lovely areas around the UK's coastline have been taken over by these awful holiday camp cities, finding a nice informal and small site is getting more difficult. Did think about the Scottish West coast as I love it up there but not sure if the midges make camping as pleasant a proposition!

My Ride
    XL883 Low
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F192564581514. This looks the same as mine the bag isn't waterproof but comes with a cover is quite big and buckle straps to the luggage rack it's genuine Harley garb I'm sure the not much more expensive new though best check
    Last edited by HU3436; 07-02-2018 at 12:51 AM.

My Ride
    Wide Glide
    using this at the moment to supplement the leatherpro's.
    £9.99
    https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/mot...nt_prod/279242
    qbag_waterproof-roll-bag-3_black.jpg

My Ride
    A proper bike
    That looks ok. I've decided to stick with cheap and cheerful as it won't get a lot of use so no point in paying big (unlike panniers which I use frequently now and very glad I had them fitted). I'll find something used or buy the one linked to initially I think.