Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: 2019 releases

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Northwich Cheshire
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDLS low rider s
    Posts
    8
    Thanked: 5

    Cool 2019 releases

    Hi,

    Anybody got any gossip or rumours on new bikes being released next year, the Motor Company did say they would release 50 new bike in the coming years?

    Maybe the 114 will be available in a few more models?

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Simmo63 For This Useful Post:

    bluenose-1956 (06-13-2018)

  3. #2
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,612
    Thanked: 1223
    H-D's new model year portfolio is announced in mid August of the previous year, so we'll have to wait until August to find out what the Moco will be offering for sale in 2019.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

    Whistler (06-13-2018)

  5. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Fat Bob 114
    Posts
    16
    Thanked: 5
    Saw their project Livewire Electric Bike concept on one of the Marvel films the other night. Very interesting... they said they would have a version in production by 2019 so we’ll see.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #4
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,275
    Thanked: 582
    Quote Originally Posted by adamreading View Post
    Saw their project Livewire Electric Bike concept on one of the Marvel films the other night. Very interesting... they said they would have a version in production by 2019 so we’ll see.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Won't be one that floats my boat. A electric harley, no real engine vibration or noise= no character (for me anyway)
    FTW )

  7. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Ride
    '16 Iron
    Posts
    167
    Thanked: 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Won't be one that floats my boat. A electric harley, no real engine vibration or noise= no character (for me anyway)
    p

    With you on this one Whistler! There are electric motorbikes about already, at a price too! How many do you see about? I think HD would be better making the current models better with decent suspension, tyres, fixings that aren't soft and corrode easily to start with! Maybe then sort out the M8 engines that are migrating transmission oil into the primary drive and charging people £60 for a gearbox shaft bung to solve the problem! From what I've read here, they could retrain some staff on doing proper PDI checks before bikes go out!

  8. #6
    Member Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Manchester
    My Ride
    XL1200C
    Posts
    84
    Thanked: 31
    The Livewire sounds like my old Scalextric set, it’s as bad as the computerised music you hear nowadays. In a word, bland.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Face For This Useful Post:

    Whistler (06-13-2018)

  10. #7
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,275
    Thanked: 582
    Quote Originally Posted by Not too old View Post
    p

    With you on this one Whistler! There are electric motorbikes about already, at a price too! How many do you see about? I think HD would be better making the current models better with decent suspension, tyres, fixings that aren't soft and corrode easily to start with! Maybe then sort out the M8 engines that are migrating transmission oil into the primary drive and charging people £60 for a gearbox shaft bung to solve the problem! From what I've read here, they could retrain some staff on doing proper PDI checks before bikes go out!
    I'm not fussed who makes electric bikes at the end of the day, I wouldn't want one, whether it's harley or any other manufacturer.
    FTW )

  11. #8
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,275
    Thanked: 582
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    The Livewire sounds like my old Scalextric set, it’s as bad as the computerised music you hear nowadays. In a word, bland.
    Hahaha that's one way to put it.
    FTW )

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Fat Bob 114
    Posts
    16
    Thanked: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I'm not fussed who makes electric bikes at the end of the day, I wouldn't want one, whether it's harley or any other manufacturer.
    I definitely wouldn’t have one as my only bike, but for a bit of fun... the torque from electric engines is ridiculous.

    My job is a Car Salesman (Citroen) and electric is a real game changer. We‘re still a little bit away from the sub £20k family car with 500 mile range, but not as far as you might think. I’d fancy something about the size of a Yam MT-03 with a 200 mile range and 20min quick charge just for blatting about. I’m just not sure about the silence I’m a firm believer of Loud pipes save Lives

  13. #10
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,612
    Thanked: 1223
    I've read that H-D are planning to launch their electric motorcycle in 2020, as I've said above H-D has named their electric motor the "Revolation".

    The pros and cons of H-D producing an electric powered motorcycle has been discussed many times on this forum. There's no use in us older riders giving our opinions on the electric motorcycle, it's aimed at the millennial's, a younger professional rider who doesn't want to be up to there elbows in oil and grease at the weekend. These younger riders will work in the city and live in suburbia, they'll want a clean non polluting machine for commuting into the city to earn their daily bread.

    The internal combustion engine has served motorcyclists for around 120 years, within 30 years the engines that we've grown to love over the years will be no more. We have to adapt to survive, before the American depression there were around 200 motorcycle manufacturers in the USA, then Henry Ford introduced his mass produced "Model T" motor car for little more than the cost of a hand built motorcycle. Most of the American motorcycle companies were forced out of business, after World War II only Indian and Harley-Davidson had survived the mass motorcycle culling. In 1953 Indian were forced into liquidation leaving Harley-Davidson as the sole survivor American motorcycle manufacturer. Harley-Davidson survived the war years by building over 90,000 WLA 45 side valve V-twins, Indian only produced 1056 of their 841 model for the USA military from 1941 to 1943. The writing was already on the wall then for Indian Motorcycles.

    As we all know Indian are back in business producing motorcycles under Polaris ownership, long may they survive.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •