Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster 48
    Cheers for the reply Andy. The problem with tickover was only for the first few miles on the first couple of startups and then settled right down. It’s actually running pretty much how I want it to now, but I will try the auto tune because I like messing with things a bit, and if I don’t like the results I’ll go back to the canned map. Clever little box of tricks it is....

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48

My fuelling at speed. much better than the stock maps autotune is tricky but king.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony666 View Post
    So after a bit of advice from this forum I went ahead and added a Fuelpak3 and Hi-Flow air cleaner to the V&H shortshots.

I wasn't expecting it to make that much difference to the running of the bike but it really does. No more flat spots through the rev range, no more popping and spluttering (though I do miss that a bit), and more torque, just runs a lot smoother......almost too smooth. Only issue I had was for the first few miles the tickover was high, around 2500 rpm, but after a few miles it settled down, hopefully just sensors adjusting or something. I haven't messed around with the Fuelpak yet, just applied to basic map for the Shortshots. Feel I must mention the air cleaner.......didn't want to fork out several hundred pounds so took a punt and ordered 1 from China....it arrived fairly promptly and the quality fantastic, really happy with it.

Total cost for Stage 1 - £860
    Shortshots (Matt Black) £460 - Harley Old Skool (Unfortunately I think no longer trading)
    Fuelpak3 £320 - H&C Custom (Cheapest UK Stock I could find)
    Air Cleaner Assembly £80 (The Bagger Store, Aliexpress)
    Glad you are happy with the FP3 Tony

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster 48
    Cheers.....had a play with the auto tune tonight.......point to note if anyone has the proximity key fob......to save the tuning progress you need to turn off the engine (the app will tell you to do so when required). If you turn off the engine via the kill switch the Bluetooth connection to your phone will be lost and you’ll lose your tuning data, as I found out !!! The workaround is to kill the engine by dropping the kickstand with the bike in gear (clutch in). This keeps your ignition on and Bluetooth connected, enabling mapping progress to be saved. I’m going to do s couple more runs tomorrow before applying the auto tune map then compare it to the canned one.