Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK distributor

My Ride
    XL1200c Sportster 2007 USA import

UK distributor

Hi,
    I am looking to purchasing some new Progressive 444 series rear shocks for my 2007 XL1200C
    am looking at the below, but the import duties are putting the price up to high.
    Anyone know of a UK supplier?
    Progressive 444.JPG
    Last edited by Melpen; 06-04-2018 at 03:08 PM.

XL1200c 2007 American Import.

My Ride
    Wide Glide
    you are not going to get away with the import duties fully in the UK cost, as it comes in along the line somewhere

http://www.bike-revival.co.uk/ these guys are pretty good, and are very good customer service wise

My Ride
    2017 Harley-Davidson XL1200T
    I have found these guys pretty good:
    https://www.harleycustom.co.uk/
    I got my 430s from them in just a couple of days.

My Ride
    Wide Glide
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
    I have found these guys pretty good:
    https://www.harleycustom.co.uk/
    I got my 430s from them in just a couple of days.
    yes, i have dealt with these guys, and very much they are to be recommended too

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    AR Harley & Sons in Blackpool stock Progressive 444 Series Shocks.

Prices are £577.93 in black and £622.33 in chrome.

Prices include V.A.T.

progressivesuspension444.jpg

Bike Revival still have a few pairs of the now discontinued Progressive 440 Series shocks at £349.00 delivered. The 440 was replaced by the 444.

series_440.jpg

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    I'm sure when I was looking into changing the shocks on the Iron, Edinburgh HD said they could order them. So I would imagine other dealers supply them.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Hi I have the same 1200 XL 2007 Custom and I'm 14 stones.. I would like to know why Many Guys/Girls want to change there rear shocks etc Why ?? I'm not trying to be an arse. But I have had mine about 6 years now and have rode it many miles and the only thing I find is sometimes the suspension can feel slightly hard but that don't bother me..Am I missing something here when guys talk about changing front Springs and rear Shocks . ??

My Ride
    Sportster 1200 ca
    It's horses for courses, as you said it doesn't bother you which is fine. I guess it depends on the condition of the roads and riding style. I'm also around 14 stone and ride a 2015 custom and find the shocks way to hard in pot holed filled South Lincs. The main problem for me is lack of travel in the shocks (1.5 inches) so the springs have to be so hard to prevent bottoming out. I'm getting some Hagon 2810 in a longer length (13 inches) which will give more travel to soak up the craters.

My Ride
    2017 Harley-Davidson XL1200T
    On my 2017 XL1200T the MoCo fitted a single sided emulsion shock with an adjuster knob to set preload, unlike a usual setup where you need to set preload equally on both sides.

The manual supplied with the bike shows the adjustment for rider weight and I don't weigh enough to require any preload. Unfortunately I don't weigh enough to even reach the minimum the system seems to be designed for.

When riding the bike the suspension is so hard it doesn't move so I get bounced out of the seat.

When riding 2 up the adjustment works and I don't get bounced out of the seat.

So in order to ride the bike solo I needed a softer setup.

If you find it hard then those that say stock bottoms out must weigh considerably more. There is degrees of hardness I guess and some maybe looking for something more compliant that allows the wheels to follow the road better.

I ride with guys who just get on with it like you and have done several thousand miles without any problems.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Try riding a Low with the OEM 11" shocks with 1" travel - then you will know why people change them.

At my paltry 10 stone (max - it was 9.5 two days ago) it was far too hard and damned uncomfortable; especially on the 'normal' non-potholed parts of roads around this way.

AL