Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48

Hollywood Bars on 48

Hi ,

Just a couple of pictures of my new bars on my 2016 48 which I had fitted yesterday. Went for the Hollywood bars and extremely happy with the fit and the riding position. They also in my opinion really suit the 48. HD Hollywood bars and Diamond grips used IMG_2730.jpgIMG_2735.jpg

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AndyWorms For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (05-23-2018), BuckhornBud (05-24-2018), Johnnythefox (05-23-2018), RB2 (05-28-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48
    They look good. Was it an easy change?

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48
    Very easy no cables needed replacing just a few cable ties to reroute but it all looks tidy. The only thing that couldn't be really satisfactorily tucked in was the brake reservoir pipe which hangs down but doesn't really distract from the overall look. Might make one change with the speedo which does need to be mounted a bit higher as the top bar on the handlebars blocks the gear change / rev window a little. If i was taller it wouldn't matter but as I am only 5 foot 7 it does block the view unless I lift myself up a little. No big deal really I will adapt or maybe side mount it if i fancy it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to AndyWorms For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (05-23-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    Hi Andy, they look great. I was thinking about these bars too. I am 5'11", a bit taller and I still wanted that "crouched reach for the original bars" look. So, looking about in my garage I had an experiment with some aluminium tube lying around on my work bench and a tin of black gloss, and some rubber bung/ends and hey presto, my version of Hollywood bars was created for no cost. It was a trial initially, but had this look for months now, since that little experiment!

If Tony 666 reads this, you asked for a pic of the other side, I have had a change of heart of pics on line, so I will cover the details of my number plate, but then you can see the side mount plate that I described.
    Steve

image.jpg
    image.jpg

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Ive had them fitted to my Iron and now on the 48, great position but for me on the 48 they sit a bit low and that is giving me an ache in my shoulder blades on long runs. I have adjusted the middle bar so I can pretty much see the speedo all over , either above or below the cross bar. Im thinking some 2" risers to go with them as with the Iron I didnt get this pain. But I have extended my brake cable

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    Hi Wide, that's what I thought too, I feared the return on the bars would change the riding position too much. I like the regular position of the orig bars. I tried Hollywood bars on a Slim, love the look, but not the effect on position. The riser idea might work though.

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWorms View Post
    ... Might make one change with the speedo which does need to be mounted a bit higher as the top bar on the handlebars blocks the gear change / rev window a little. If i was taller it wouldn't matter but as I am only 5 foot 7 it does block the view...
    Those bars look great on your Forty-Eight Andy - fits the character of the bike perfectly.

I hired a Forty-Eight for a weekend, doing about 400 miles, and liked it a lot. (Didn't like the fuel tank range at all though!) I am 5' 11½" but the speedo was no use at all for me because it's mounted so flat. When it rained water just sat on it and the raindrops rendered the dial unreadable. I imagine that mounting it higher would be a great help - though expensive if you use Harley parts.

I also found the stock bars uncomfortable and, like Wide, got aching shoulders & upper back: the crouch thing doesn't really work for me (I like the 2" riser idea for stock). But the Hollywood bars are gorgeous. (I looked into fitting them to my Custom but the rise is too much with the massive stock riser. Also, the Customs have an odd spedo placement: nearer the tank under the bars. It means when I look at the rev/gear indicator window, all I see is my helmet chin guard. A real 'first world problem', I guess...

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    Street Bob
    I've fitted Hollywood bars to my Street Bob, its much more comfortable to ride now

Mick

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 48
    I really like them, do they help with vibration at all? i have numb fingers after 50 miles.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Sportster low
    Do they come on chrome or stainless also?