Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    My Ride
    Sportster 1200 ca
    Nice bike Chris, can't put my finger on it but it looks very similar to one I've seen recently Especially since today I picked up exactly the same seat as that.
    66c5c53ac9aaaae8a099729985888968.jpg

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Glad you got your bike. Your excitement is very obvious. I hope you enjoy to the full
    I hope so too Whistler - thanks for the good wishes.

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
    Your bike looks great... Just one thing though, is it ever going to have a 2 up seat? Did you consider removing the passenger pegs?
    Thanks Andy - no, I will never ride two-up (actually, insurance was more if I added pillion use - and, for what it's worth, insurance was about £15 more just for changing the handlebars!). I was going to rip the passanger footrests & mounts off, but when I looked, you've got to take half the rear subframe to bits to do that. I will take the pegs off though, if I can find a nice 'blank' thingy to put in there place. (I'm hoping to eBay or Gumtree the spare bits, like seat, shocks, pegs, etc.)

I don't know why the vids don't work for you - maybe 'open in new tab', or something? I just checked and the links are okay for me so I can't help with that one; sorry mate.

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Not too old View Post
    Deep joy baby!
    Now you speak-a my language! (Vegemite anyone...?)

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    It may just be me, but Chris, whilst all your links you provided on here work if I click your youtube user name on youtube there's nothing there.
    Not just you Johnny - all the vids are 'Unlisted' (available via direct link only) because my number plate is visible. (Yes, I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me. Baby.)

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
    Nice bike Chris, can't put my finger on it but it looks very similar to one I've seen recently Especially since today I picked up exactly the same seat as that.
    Morning Mike - thank. And, yes, I remember your bike from your intro.thread ('jealous' does not begin to cover how I felt!) Still a few Stage tune/slash pipes twinges, to be honest.

I really love that Monty Python pic: I've only seen it one million times but I forgot the Old Man's "I'm not." Made me laugh out loud all over again! (The whole picture (film) is priceless: a regular theological gold mine.)

Thanks again Mike.

Cheers,

Chris

My Ride
    A proper bike
    It was a pleasure to share in the latter part of your journey Chris and I look forward to riding out with you sometime during the year!

I like your bike very much and hear what you say about the pipes (eh...who said dat?). You can get ones that aren't too bad. SE slash cuts I found ok on my last bike and the current Khromewerks ones are loud but not ear-splitting like the V&H short-shots. I can get away without plugs but its more comfy with them. It's worth a stage 1 just for the extra torque, and sooner or later I reckon you'll want to liberate what that motor can give!

Like BN....I wouldn't worry about that ding too much....heck mine even came with a "custom scratch"!

Really happy for you and delighted to welcome another convert to the HD clan. Happy to help out if you ever need a hand with anything.

My Ride
    2016 Iron 883
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOfTheOT View Post
    Not just you Johnny - all the vids are 'Unlisted' (available via direct link only) because my number plate is visible. (Yes, I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean they're not out to get me. Baby.)

Cheers,

Chris
    No problem, I get that, I would always cover my plate too if I posted my bike, I thought maybe you were looking to build a channel and add subscribers.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Forty Eight
    Hi Chris, just a thought, if that ding/tiny dent really bothers you, or the scratch, there are plenty of "dings&dents" repairers for cars who will come to your house and do a repair on your driveway. They normally spend most of their day visiting car lots but will do private customers. They have done the odd door ding for me for around £50-£80. They don't mind you watching either, it's quite a skill and I was thoroughly impressed. I think working on a tank would be even easier than a car door! As I say just an idea for you. Best, Steve.

My Ride
    2016 XL1200CA Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    It was a pleasure to share in the latter part of your journey Chris and I look forward to riding out with you sometime during the year!
    Thanks for your company (and everyone here) on this journey. The incredible depth of your collective wisdom has been so helpful, thank you. I know you've broken my heart with all this fuel tuning stuff Bud, but I forgive you. You've been a trooper, and you still are: thanks. I look forward to riding with you too, and to see your lovely (dyno tuned and Krome Werked... ) Custom. I can hardly believe I only joined in March - somehow, I am a 'senior member' suddenly, and I even two wierd logos next my name. (They look like two stumpy men with their arms in the air. Or is it a Viking helmet thing? Whatever - I have two!)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    I like your bike very much and hear what you say about the pipes (eh...who said dat?). You can get ones that aren't too bad. SE slash cuts I found ok on my last bike and the current Khromewerks ones are loud but not ear-splitting like the V&H short-shots... It's worth a stage 1 just for the extra torque, and sooner or later I reckon you'll want to liberate what that motor can give!
    I already want to 'liberate' the motor Bud (the stuttering gets to me) and get some better pipes. Earlier in this journey, the - incredible - H-D offer of an Iron for £8000 with £1000 of stuff thrown in, really, really tempted me. (Honestly, I was this close...) But the two mods I wanted were, a) larger tank (essential) and, b) Stage 1 c/w Short Shots. These two were £1300 EACH. (I'd have recouped bit selling the old tank but it was still much too expensive.) Now, however, after finding out that he low rev stuttering is the price you pay to ride a Sportster that complies with EU rules, I have to get a Stage 1. This means all the other mods are shelved - even the fork springs - until my boat comes in. Dissapointing, but (as I said before) it is a real 'first world problem'.

Also, another learning thing today; I only got 145 miles before I hit reserve. I got 85 miles from the Forty-Eight with it's bonkers 2.2 gallon tank: I was expecting 170+ from a 4½ gallon tank. I also remember you saying you got 50 m.p.g on a recent trip - this didn't click with me at the time but, of course, you have a Stage 1: does tuning get better fuel economy and performance? (Sounds a bit Fantasy Island to me!). Still a remarkable gain though, innit?

Wow, I need a Power Commander/FP 3 jobbie!

Cheers,

Chris