Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    My Ride
    2017 1200 Custom
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOfTheOT View Post
    Nice Custom T-7 - the lay-down plate holder does look good in profile. What's with the number? Is it not a UK bike?

Cheers,

Chris
    Hi Chris,
    I had an 883R previously and fitted a layback mount to it as I felt it looked better than a vertical plate.
    Then I changed to the 1200C but the std layback mount didn't fit as the plate mount was fixed to the rear lamp not the mudguard, hence making my own !
    It is a standard UK bike, I bought the number.

Regards

Terry
    Adventure before Dementia !!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T-7 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-10-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Sorry Ross, I've got to agree with Gettin'onabit.

You haven't told us anything that we don't already know, in short you're havering.

haver1.jpg

My Ride
    Wide Glide
    hey dave, i am not the one pronouncing this and that, without producing anything to support such desired opinion being stated, as fact. Other than the other usual chestnut, that than being of a certain age, gives one privilege to do so.

Q. is there is a reported case of someone being fined or what not, for using a side number, plate. if not, lets open an urban myth thread and bury, such sh1te in it

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisOfTheOT View Post
    Nice Custom T-7 - the lay-down plate holder does look good in profile. What's with the number? Is it not a UK bike?

Cheers, Chris
    Moving swiftly on and back off the once again boring number plate "What's law and what's not!" thread hijack, the dateless plates as depicted in T7's picture originated in Northern Ireland. These plates are quite plentiful and the responsibility for which has been taken over by DVLA Swansea. It can be one of the cheapest ways of procuring a personalised and dateless plate.
    Last edited by K9F; 10-10-2018 at 08:32 AM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by rosswg View Post
    hey dave, i am not the one pronouncing this and that, without producing anything to support such desired opinion being stated, as fact. Other than the other usual chestnut, that than being of a certain age, gives one privilege to do so.

Q. is there is a reported case of someone being fined or what not, for using a side number, plate. if not, lets open an urban myth thread and bury, such sh1te in it
    I notice you are the one who tried to be clever with silly comments but absolutely nothing constructive in the recent Sportster 'Lubrication' thread.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Gettin'onabit For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-10-2018)

My Ride
    2017 Harley-Davidson XL1200T
    Went out for some lunch and came across this Boss Hoss'

bosshoss.jpg

What a bike and what a sound!!

Number plate mounted on the right hand side. A couple of Police officers were okay with it.

This picture illustrates better that the plate cannot be seen from the left hand side.

hqdefault.jpg
    Last edited by Andy from Sandy; 10-10-2018 at 04:27 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy from Sandy For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-10-2018), Gettin'onabit (10-11-2018)