My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883

Unhappy HI Amm new HD rider

HI all I am new to HD, got a great brand new iron883 with VandH slip ons 4 weeks ago from Southampton HD (great when I brought it)

6 great days on it (in between 3 rainy days) 130 miles on the clock and have spent the last 3 weeks in the workhop with a failed ECU,
    ECU is now replaced and still faults pending codes appearing on the bike - I'm pretty cheesed off
    I have threatened to reject the bike, now an offer of a temp replacement for the weekend whilst this gets fixed, dealer say they are waiting from HD to reply and try other things - ive informed finance co and they would reject the bike on behalf if I need to but more pain there I suspect

ive asked for the temp replacement to have all my bits onit - lets see if they do

so 2 things - I need help with

what do I do say - I want a replacement bike, reject the bike or let them fix it and use the other in the meantime?
    compensation for inconvenience - when finally fixed and also I have to train up to the dealer to collect temp bike ?

or something else

please help a new HD bike rider

My Ride
    Sportster 1200 ca
    Hi and welcome to forum
    Sorry to hear you've had a problem with your Sporty, they are normally pretty bullit proof.
    It's up to you what action to take, I would take advice from the citezens advice as to your entitlement.
    Do take advice though and not from forums and mates down the pub however well intentioned.
    Hope you get it sorted soon
    Last edited by Mike B; 05-18-2018 at 02:56 PM.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Mark you have a 'pm.'

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Sorry to here of your woes. If it's a decent dealer, they will pick up bike and deliver loaner. Your covered by warranty, so you have that as a backstop. Up to you What you decide, but what I would say is whatever advice K9f pm'd you take it.
    FTW )