Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Disarm alarm

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 1

    Disarm alarm

    How do you disarm the alarm on 05 streetrod?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,123
    Thanked: 547
    Try pressing the indicator switches at the same time till they beep. Works that way on my Iron, for transporting.
    FTW )

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 1
    Will give it a go

  4. #4
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,123
    Thanked: 547
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion59 View Post
    Will give it a go
    Let me know how you get on.
    FTW )

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    My Ride
    Buell 1125CR
    Posts
    7
    Thanked: 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Try pressing the indicator switches at the same time till they beep. Works that way on my Iron, for transporting.
    I think if you turn the bike on and the alarm off, and then remove the battery fuse, it will be disabled. (and not start alarming because you tampered)

  6. #6
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,123
    Thanked: 547
    Quote Originally Posted by Bufort View Post
    I think if you turn the bike on and the alarm off, and then remove the battery fuse, it will be disabled. (and not start alarming because you tampered)
    Your probably right. I did say in my post , I do this for transportation purposes.
    FTW )

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 1
    Thanx for comments guys but indicator one didnt work
    Been told......
    1 press alarm fob twice, disarm.
    2 switch ignition on.
    3 hold button on alarm fob till indicator flashes 3 times
    4 switch off ignition
    5 hold down fob again till flashes 3 times

    Will try later n let you know

  8. #8
    Member Alec L's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Blairgowrie
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL883R
    Posts
    51
    Thanked: 27
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion59 View Post
    Thanx for comments guys but indicator one didnt work
    Been told......
    1 press alarm fob twice, disarm.
    2 switch ignition on.
    3 hold button on alarm fob till indicator flashes 3 times
    4 switch off ignition
    5 hold down fob again till flashes 3 times

    Will try later n let you know
    Hi Scorpion,
    I had similar problems with my 2005 883 trying to put it into service mode - I followed the manual instructions to the letter but it didn't work.
    So, first run the engine - then turn off ignition. Immediately turn ignition back on and carry out procedure as you've listed above - starting at number 3.
    That works for me, and maybe will work for you - worth a try.
    Cheers, Alec

  9. #9
    Senior Member Gettin'onabit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Suffolk
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    667
    Thanked: 209
    Does the OP want the alarm permanently off? None of the above methods are permanent. An HD dealer can do something permanently IIRC, but they will charge.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    10
    Thanked: 1
    Cheers for info, will try that tomorrow when i get home.
    Not permanant no just to Turn alarm off so can move around and to clean without alarm going off

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •