My Ride
    softail custom

Kitech performance

I have 2009 softail custom witch has been stage 1 tuned but it is set up with vance and hines slip ons. I have now bought a full vance and hines system do i need to retune the kitecg performance? If so what are the settings that are needed. I know how to do it just not sure of the right settings. Thanks.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL1200C
    The only way to properly sort it I think is on the dyno. Most plug and play tuning boxes use generic settings which will be very crudely set. Now that you have invested in a nice shiny new set of V&H full pipes, why not consider going to an advanced tuning solution such as a power Commander V and booking a little dyno time? That will reap the very best results. Other than that, it may be for someone who has a similar set up to suggest something. There were issues I seem to remember around this Kitech product before they went bust or closed up shop...surrounding the issues with piggy-backing on the stock eprom causing a lot of issues which I seem to remember were never properly sorted out. (There are many forum threads on this topic....see here for just one of them: http://www.xr1200ownersgroup.com/sit...ead.php?t=7068)

The fact that the company is out of business and no longer supports its product would for me ring alarm bells enough to take the tuners off the bike and use a well engineered system such as Power Commander or even the SE Pro Tuner instead.

My Ride
    softail custom
    Thanks for the reply.
    What sort of cost would i be looking at for a power commander? Also does it have to be specifically for a HD or do they fit everythink? Do you know how much it is also for a dyno set up? Cheers

My Ride
    Wide Glide
    if you are in the region, dynojet at Preston, its £180 for the dyno and map. its about 2-3 weeks lead time to book a slot

https://dynojet.co.uk/

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL1200C
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeyboy131990 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    What sort of cost would i be looking at for a power commander? Also does it have to be specifically for a HD or do they fit everythink? Do you know how much it is also for a dyno set up? Cheers
    You have to buy the one designed for your model and they start at around £300: https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/12221935912...c=9045579&devi

Dyno time costs between £100 and £200 depending on where you go