Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    XL1200C

New H-D Dealership

Thanks for the email from the people at Harley Forum, not been logged in for a while because I thought I might be bugging Harley owners posting messages when I don’t own a Harley.

Thought I’d let you all know there’s a new Harley dealership opened up in Manchester. They’re part of the team from Chester H-D whom I’ve heard from this forum are a very good dealership. They’ve done a great start up to get it going by inviting Coronation Street stars, linking up with a motorcycle school, and inviting the Facebook group Sportster Sickness along, again who I found out about on this forum.

http://manchester-harley-davidson.co.uk

Website looks great with lots of stuff to buy, and some very cool bikes.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Good to know. Manchester's not had a dealership for a while.
    FTW )

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I remember when the Manchester H-D was on Deansgate not far from what was the G-Mex Exhibition Centre. It was actually in the city centre in those days. Now it's outside the centre in Stretford in the former Lookers premises.

Hope it does well.

My Ride
    From what I remember the dealer went into administration. HOG chapter has been running without a dealer for a while. Quite a bit chapter, I remember right. Good luck to them
    FTW )

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Yeah it’s on very busy road right near Old Trafford football and cricket grounds, loads of people will see it. Been looking at Harleys for six months and they’re definitely selling in Manchester, loads appearing on the roads compared to a few years ago, IMO. The new dealer will save me a trip to Preston or Chester. But I’m determined to buy for cash rather than finance, so may force myself to stay away for now

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Yeah it’s on very busy road right near Old Trafford football and cricket grounds, loads of people will see it. Been looking at Harleys for six months and they’re definitely selling in Manchester, loads appearing on the roads compared to a few years ago, IMO. The new dealer will save me a trip to Preston or Chester. But I’m determined to buy for cash rather than finance, so may force myself to stay away for now
    I saved and paid cash for my Iron. Was worth the wait. Meant I owned it from the get go, which was important to me.
    FTW )

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (05-10-2018), Face (05-10-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I bought my Iron out of the money I got when I sold my shares in the Lloyds TSB banking group after they went tits up and the tax payers had to bail them out.

That was a good decision to get rid of those shares.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

Whistler (05-10-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    From what I remember the dealer went into administration. HOG chapter has been running without a dealer for a while. Quite a bit chapter, I remember right. Good luck to them
    It was the franchise company that went into administration in 2011, they ran the Manchester, Leeds and Doncaster dealerships.

That's why I had to buy my Iron from Preston instead of Leeds.

My Ride
    XL1200C
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    I saved and paid cash for my Iron. Was worth the wait. Meant I owned it from the get go, which was important to me.
    I want to own my bikes outright too, the ultimate freedom Couldn’t live with the idea of getting behind on my payments and having the bailiffs take my bike away to be sold on again with one key and no service history to someone else for high interest rates. No chance that’s gonna happen

I vaguely remember the H-D shop on Deansgate, but it was a poor choice to open a bike shop there. Heart instead of head I think. People only go to Deansgate to eat, drink and shop. Doubt they had anywhere to park on Deansgate either.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Face For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (05-11-2018), Whistler (05-10-2018)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    It was the franchise company that went into administration in 2011, they ran the Manchester, Leeds and Doncaster dealerships.

That's why I had to buy my Iron from Preston instead of Leeds.
    Yeah, I knew it was something like that. I know it left a big gap in the area .
    FTW )

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (05-11-2018)