Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Well, I'm here for the moment but PMs work as well.

I will set the matter straight on what I know about fit.

Buggered if I know which other models they would fit other than my 2007 and what Dave (bluenose-1956) has said.

I always thought there may be some sort of difference but Dave's description ties up with the spec for the ones I bought. See the link.

https://www.hccustomonline.co.uk/col...nt=28454568197

Bear in mind I will have to remove them from my bike first and would include the all adjustable brake rod I made as well.

Note that I discovered the HC Custom ones I purchased have the wrong threads in the brake rod rose joints - they are M6 but the should be 1/4" UNF.

The adjustable one that I made has new UNF rose joints with UNF screws and offset cone washers. I can take a pic if necessary.

I will refit the OEM Mid controls that I removed, although I will have to find some little circlips.

AL

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gettin'onabit For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-01-2018), Wildman (08-01-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hmm, H & C Customs even admit that the forward controls "May need slight modification if fitting with standard pipes", what's that all about?

They either fit 2004 to 2013 Sportster's or they don't. Why should the buyer have to mess about adapting them to make them fit, the Chinese factory should make them fit right in the first place, shouldn't they?

When buying cheap Chinese parts, be prepared to do some work yourself before they fit.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 08-01-2018 at 05:13 PM.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Hi Dave - Well at least I was forewarned about it by HC Custom.

When the OEM headers on mine are in place, the brake pedal lug for the brake link rod fouls the front header heatshield - that;s why I re-profiled the shape of the lug so it clears the heatshield by at least 2mm or more. There is enough meat on the lug that can be removed without affecting the integrity of the item.

You can see the headers in my photos ie; where they follow the line of the front downtubes and go around the front of the brake side forward control.

If a different set of headers are fitted, ie, where they are raked back faster and behind the forward control it is not an issue.

Bear in mind the Chinese don't seem to know the difference between UNC/UNF and Metric, either - opting for the latter (other than the main bracket mounting bolts).

Regards, AL
    Last edited by Gettin'onabit; 08-01-2018 at 10:31 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Gettin'onabit For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-01-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Item has been sold.