Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Ride
    A proper bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldvelonut View Post
    I have a 2009 1200L and have done much the same as BuckhornBud, longer shocks, Hagon progressive fork springs etc. Mine came with a Sundowner seat and forwards and fits my 29” legged, 5’ 10”, 16 stone 67 year old frame perfectly. The 1200L has a 19” front wheel so handles well with the increased ground clearance of the longer shocks. Test ride loads before you buy, because they are all different, but you will still alter it after a few months and spend shed loads on extras!
    Have fun ����
    yup....that you will! It seems that none of us can buy any Harley and have it looking like someone else's LoL!

Yours is quite similar to mine Oldvelonut...same colour, same saddle, sissy bar and rack etc and looks like you have similar bags to the one's I'm still waiting on (Harley say most of their styling add ons come from the USA but that they're usually on a 1 to 2 month backorder which is poor service imho...it sometimes feel like that unless you live stateside, Harley UK just wont keep much in the way of stock, making us the poor cousins of customers State-side).

It's one of the things I enjoy about Harley ownership though. You can make any of their models yours with a few tweaks here and there.

My last Sportster had the 19 inch wheel and I'm genuinely surprised at how well the smaller 16 inch wheel tracks, despite the large profile 130 front tyres. I think on balance that I prefer the newer fat 16 inch tyres.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BuckhornBud For This Useful Post:

Greybeard (05-13-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200 sportster
    Couldn't agree more (re your earlier comment on riding style, line and braking) - it's a different way of riding and so enjoyable for it

My Ride
    Undecided
    I've got a demo lined up on the Sportster 1200 custom in a couple of weeks, so I will report back .....

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Greybeard View Post
    I've got a demo lined up on the Sportster 1200 custom in a couple of weeks, so I will report back .....
    Good luck with it. My local dealership had a few 2018 models in and I noticed they had mid controls...I thought that only the CX used those on the customs...if you've got the one with forwards I think you'll enjoy the riding position.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckhornBud View Post
    yup....that you will! It seems that none of us can buy any Harley and have it looking like someone else's LoL!

Yours is quite similar to mine Oldvelonut...same colour, same saddle, sissy bar and rack etc and looks like you have similar bags to the one's I'm still waiting on (Harley say most of their styling add ons come from the USA but that they're usually on a 1 to 2 month backorder which is poor service imho...it sometimes feel like that unless you live stateside, Harley UK just wont keep much in the way of stock, making us the poor cousins of customers State-side).

It's one of the things I enjoy about Harley ownership though. You can make any of their models yours with a few tweaks here and there.

My last Sportster had the 19 inch wheel and I'm genuinely surprised at how well the smaller 16 inch wheel tracks, despite the large profile 130 front tyres. I think on balance that I prefer the newer fat 16 inch tyres.

Harley-Davidson's European spares hub is based in Belgium, all H-D spares destined for European countries go to Belgium first and are distributed to their relevant destinations from the Belgian central hub.

My Ride
    A proper bike
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Harley-Davidson's European spares hub is based in Belgium, all H-D spares destined for European countries go to Belgium first and are distributed to their relevant destinations from the Belgian central hub.
    Only a few dealerships seem to keep any semblance of popular stock items. Some franchises just seem to do things better than others. Their distribution logistics are their problem to solve to ensure a reasonable level of customer service can be met. Waiting for one and sometimes 2 months for a small part, I would argue, is not good customer service. My car dealership can get just about any part within 4 working days for me and that has a European distribution network too.