Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash1690 View Post
    I like the original versions much better . , they are being launched here in may apparently
    I agree, not trading up my 883.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson CVO Ultra Limited
    Personally, neither are my cup of char.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Iron 883
    Interesting to see that dealer prices have/are due to increase on a standard 883 Iron by £800 to £8895. So with only £500 being between the 883 and the 1200 I can see people taking up the 1200 option going forward. I like the idea of the engine being even more blacked out on the 1200 and longer ABS line to accommodate the Apes which will allow buyers more flexibility of changing bars without having their pants pulled down of changing the lines. However not a fan of tank graphics and lack of denim paint range so will just likely end up converting mine if I want the extra power one day.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jlennox89 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (02-24-2018), Face (02-23-2018)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by jlennox89 View Post
    Interesting to see that dealer prices have/are due to increase on a standard 883 Iron by £800 to £8895. So with only £500 being between the 883 and the 1200 I can see people taking up the 1200 option going forward. I like the idea of the engine being even more blacked out on the 1200 and longer ABS line to accommodate the Apes which will allow buyers more flexibility of changing bars without having their pants pulled down of changing the lines. However not a fan of tank graphics and lack of denim paint range so will just likely end up converting mine if I want the extra power one day.
    I would convert mine too rather than buy the 1200. I can't take to the front fairing or paint schemes. Like you I like the more blacked out engine. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Still think the 883 will be a big seller as before.
    FTW )

My Ride
    XL1200C
    I like the idea of the engine being even more blacked out on the 1200 and longer ABS line to accommodate the Apes which will allow buyers more flexibility of changing bars without having their pants pulled down of changing the lines. However not a fan of tank graphics and lack of denim paint range so will just likely end up converting mine if I want the extra power one day.
    Nah, I quite like the simplicity of the paint job, would go down a real treat in Manchester, and I bet the mini apes would give a better view through the mirrors. Not a fan of ABS, better to scan the road, I've been told ABS increases stopping distances.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
    ― Confucius

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Face For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (02-24-2018)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron

I agree, with the 1200 Iron only costing £500 more than the 883 version, it's a no-brainer which one to go for. When I bought my Iron 883 in 2011, the Nightster 1200 cost £2K more than the Iron.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Nah, I quite like the simplicity of the paint job, would go down a real treat in Manchester, and I bet the mini apes would give a better view through the mirrors. Not a fan of ABS, better to scan the road, I've been told ABS increases stopping distances.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.”
    ― Confucius
    Don't get much simpler than denim black . Think my abs has only kicked in once, it was quite effective, and is good for those unforeseen circumstances. Generally not needed though
    FTW )

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

Flash1690 (02-24-2018)