My Ride
    Harley-Davidson FXDLS low rider s

Cool Introducing myself Simmo63

Hi everyone just joined the forum, I have filled in some details about myself on the profile page but basically i have returned to riding bikes after a break of 25 years.

I always wanted to ride and own a Harley but in my youth they were beyond my reach, I went to Harley Chester which is near the Wirral and they got me onto a Roadster 1200cx. I rode this from March 2016 for 4 months and really enjoyed it, we then went to Florida on holiday and visited the Harley dealership in the area we were staying.
    This place was great and a big shout out to Berts Black Widow in Port Charlotte for the fantastic hospitality that we were shown there.
    My wife who previously had no interest in motorcycles met a lady who worked in the shop and they got chatting. She showed my wife her bike and this inspired her to have a go pillion when we got home.
    The Roadster is a great fun ride but not really suitable for a passenger, so I returned to Harley Chester and they fixed me up and I traded in the Roadster for a Low Rider S.

I had it fitted with pillion pegs, Badlander two up seat, vance & Hines two into one upswept pipes and screaming eagle tuner. The wife has been on it a few times and she loves it so a few trips have been pencilled in for this year.
    Last word, I have to mention the guys at Harley in Chester. The dealer principal Kirk, Rob who sold me my low rider, Craig at the parts & service desk and Tim who has now left and gone to Australia. They were all fantastic, knowledgeable and so friendly through the whole process with both bikes, I am happy to endorse this dealership and will always use it in the future.
    Anyway I intend to post on a regular basis as I have lots of questions to ask and advice to seek. See you down the road.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Simmo63 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (02-22-2018), Flash1690 (02-21-2018)

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Welcome to the forum fae Fife. That's some intro. If you can put up some pics of your bike if you can. Florida can be some place if your into Harleys. I'm going back in Oct for the 8th time, I just love Biketoberfest.. Never been to Berts Black Widow HD, but I've been to a few of the others though which certainly feed the addiction. There's quite a mix of us on the forum from newbies to season riders and all points in between, so just get stuck in.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Hi Whistler,

Many thanks for the welcome, just dropped three pics in the garage section of my bike, before and after the add ons.

Going back to Florida this year but staying in Cape Coral, so will be visiting the Six Bends Harley dealership which I believe is very good.

Cheers see you down the road

Simmo63

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson wide glide
    Welcome to the mad house , that is one hell of a intro, I have heard a lot of good reports about Chester Harley even guys from around here have bought bikes from them ,enjoy the forum.

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo63 View Post
    Hi Whistler,

Many thanks for the welcome, just dropped three pics in the garage section of my bike, before and after the add ons.

Going back to Florida this year but staying in Cape Coral, so will be visiting the Six Bends Harley dealership which I believe is very good.

Cheers see you down the road

Simmo63
    Had a look,nice bike. We usually go to Kissimmee and take in either Leesburg Bike fest or Biketoberfest. To date I've managed 3 of the Orlando dealerships, Destination Daytona, Stormy Hill, Leesburg HD. In all honesty Destination Daytona is the Daddy of them all. I could spend a week there.
    FTW )

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    A warm welcome to the forum Simmo63 from Calderdale high in the Yorkshire Pennine hills.

My Ride
    Hi,
    I have been to the Harley shop on the 192 in Kissimmee, that was cool, but to be honest that was before I got a bike again. The guys in the states certainly prefer the street glides and Ultra,s as they are travelling huge distances. I have found them to be very friendly and would recommend any other forum members to visit any of them if they are lucky enough to be out in florida.

Any way thanks to all for the welcome

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simmo63 For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (02-22-2018)

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmo63 View Post
    Hi,
    I have been to the Harley shop on the 192 in Kissimmee, that was cool, but to be honest that was before I got a bike again. The guys in the states certainly prefer the street glides and Ultra,s as they are travelling huge distances. I have found them to be very friendly and would recommend any other forum members to visit any of them if they are lucky enough to be out in florida.

Any way thanks to all for the welcome
    That one's my local when I'm on holiday there. Florida is definitely a bagger nation at the moment, even holding baddest bagger competitions at biketoberfest last year. I agree with you that the staff are so friendly and helpful.
    FTW )