Hi guys. Hoping someone can help me. I recently bought a Vance and Hines Competition 2 - 1 system for my 2015 Night rod.

I'm having some trouble fitting it and was wondering if I've done something wrong. My concern is with fitting the header pipes at the cylinder head. When I removed the old system I popped out the steel wire gaskets as well as I had also bought new ones.

Does anyone know if I have to fit new gaskets or not as comparing the tips of the V&H header pipes that enter the cylinder head they are completely different and not tapered like the standard exhaust.

Based on the design of the gasket which also shows a tapered edge it looks like they are purely designed to fit with the standard exhaust and I also noticed that the V&H instructions mention nothing of fitting gaskets unless I've overlooked it.

This raises the question of whether the gaskets are needed because i went ahead and fitted the new set of gaskets and i found that when fitting the flange bolts they can barely do up and the exhaust mount is not even close to lining up the megaphone mount bracket with the bolt hole on the frame.

Thanks in advance.