Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Alec L View Post
    Dave - I also remember when the XLCR first arrived. Me and a mate (Z650 and CB550 4) rode out to a tiny dealership in a village outside Bath and pressed our noses up against the window. I still remember the desire, and the regret that I couldn't afford one - even then Harleys were £500 more than I could Hire Purchase! I remember the same lust when the Moto Guzzi Le Mans and Laverda Jota came out.
    Hi Alec,

My mate Adrian got a test ride on an XLCR from Rooley Lane Motorcycles in 1977, he was impressed with it's torque delivery but he didn't like the vibration, it made his fingers go numb.

My mate Paddy bought a new Moto Guzzi Mk II in 1979, I rode that bike many times and enjoyed the grunt that the motor delivered. I later bought a Guzzi V50 Mk II and a Guzzi SP1000 Mk I. I never managed to buy or ride a Jota, but in 1984 I bought a used 1980 Laverda 1200TS Mirage. I used the Mirage for my weekly commute from my home in Halifax to my workplace in Telford, Shropshire, I completed the 125 mile journey in 90 minutes, thankfully there were no speed traps in those days.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

Alec L (01-31-2018)