Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    I had my first run today and what a difference , it was very easy to push back while seated ,the bike does stand more upright so easier to bring it vertical also it parks better in the garage for the same reason even just getting on it is better and the bottom of my back now fits in the upright of the seat so that too is a bonus .

The ride felt the same to me so less travel in the shocks does not make it a harder ride ,I may bring the handle bars back a little 1/2 to 1" but all in all I'm very very pleased with this mod .
    Rob.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Just an update.

I normally ride quite steady so what i said before still stands and the mod is great for me however yesterday I went for a ride and just felt like pushing the bike quite a bit more than i would ever do just to see how it feels on a Harley there was next to no traffic on the road so i gave it a go

I soon found that if this is the way you ride the Lowering kit might not be for you it did bottom out quite a lot and was very easy to scrape something on tight bends,one road was very bumpy and i even got lifted out the seat .

Like i said i don't ride this way it was just a test so still happy but just thought it might be worth a mention .

Rob.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Hi Rob,
    ....... There doesn't seem to be a way round it, pay up or you don't get your goods, it's as simple as that.
    Everything depends on the value posted on the customs invoice and how far the supplier is prepared to go to help you out! Dave is correct there is no haggling or dispute, once you receive the import duty advice notice you have a predetermined time to pay or the goods are returned to sender.

Were you supplied with a fender bump stop as mentioned in my Custom thread? If not it may be worth investing in one to prevent grounding out?
    Last edited by K9F; 08-03-2018 at 06:40 PM.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to K9F For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (08-03-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Will have a look at the fender stop bump but it's fine when riding sedately .
    Rob.

My Ride
    FXSE CVO BREAKOUT
    A bumpstop would be prudent perhaps for the unexpected like a pothole. Not that we have that many on our fine upkept roads.

IF YOU GO THROUGH LIFE WITH YOUR HEAD IN THE SAND.....ALL PEOPLE WILL SEE IS AN ARSE!!
    TREAT EVERY DAY AS YOUR LAST.....ONE DAY YOU WILL BE RIGHT!!