My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 883 Iron

883 Iron questions again !

Still experiencing hanging revs when shifting gear on my 2016 Iron, also when stationary if throttle blipped, revs dont drop straight away. Still think may be running too lean despite remap with FP3, so will get checked out on a dyno when I find one near me. But just read on another HD forum that it is common on EFI bikes, though was a bit of debate about it. Just wondered if any of the 883 riders on here experience this too ?. Did wonder too if the K&N filter I fitted might not be sealing, followed the instructions and installed the gasket, but as it was not mentioned did not butter with sealant. Any thoughts ?

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    My 2016 Iron is,still in standard tune. Revs rise and drop as they should. By all accidental units in standard trip they run rich, not experienced hanging revs.
    FTW )

My Ride
    2017 883 iRON
    Hi There

Just a thought and perhaps someone has already mentioned this.
    Are your throttle cables adjusted, with sufficient slack in them?

I put new grips on mine and had to mess about with them, as they weren’t shutting the throttle
    of properly. Not much adjustment needed, but it fixed the issue of the revs hanging.

Just wonder if something is trapping yours or perhaps something is nipping/putting pressure on the actuator behind the new air filter?
    I’m new to HD my self so just thinking out loud.

Cheers
    Mark

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark 883 For This Useful Post:

Whistler (01-14-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark 883 View Post
    Hi There

Just a thought and perhaps someone has already mentioned this.
    Are your throttle cables adjusted, with sufficient slack in them?

I put new grips on mine and had to mess about with them, as they weren’t shutting the throttle
    of properly. Not much adjustment needed, but it fixed the issue of the revs hanging.

Just wonder if something is trapping yours or perhaps something is nipping/putting pressure on the actuator behind the new air filter?
    I’m new to HD my self so just thinking out loud.

Cheers
    Mark
    Also is the throttle "cruise control" knob just a bit tight and causing throttle not to snap back quickly.... worth asking

6. The Following User Says Thank You to wide For This Useful Post:

Whistler (01-14-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 883 Iron
    Thanks for the replies everYone. I think the cables are all ok, the bike is a 2016 with only 1100 miles on the clock, no feeling of "stiffness" on the throttle grip. I am really not used to Harleys or in fact to modern bikes with all the electronics, but know on my old Suzuki GS750 hanging revs indicated a weak mixture. After pondering on it last night, suspect that's the case here, I think like has been discussed before, the FP3 maps may not work properly every time as no bike is exactly the same and fuel here and in the States probably differs slightly too. Anyway, out of interest I took the K&N off today and put the stock filter back on. The bike felt slightly less pokey, but the revs didn't hang nearly as much when shifting or when stationary and blipping the throttle. Think I will leave that set up for now, see after a few rides what the plugs are like too. Then maybe later, stick the K&N back on and get it all set up on a dyno. Not looking for any performance increase, just want it to run without being too lean, but being a tight old git, having forked out for the K&N would like to use it