Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanked: 499
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    That’s where I differ from you, as I always put my bike battery on the optimiser when not in use which if I remember correctly you can’t as your bike is in an outhouse with no mains feed unless you run an extension cable up


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yeah your right. I usually put optimiser on bike every couple of weeks for about 7hrs. Usually ensures battery is fully charged . Looked at solar powered chargers, but got so used to doing it this way.
    FTW )

  2. #12
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanked: 282
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Yeah your right. I usually put optimiser on bike every couple of weeks for about 7hrs. Usually ensures battery is fully charged . Looked at solar powered chargers, but got so used to doing it this way.
    You need decent light for solar...remember where we both live lol


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanked: 499
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    You need decent light for solar...remember where we both live lol


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    . It was something K9f had suggested.I'd spend more time cleaning the panel, than getting a successful charge out of it due to the trees. My antiquated system works fine for me.
    FTW )

  4. #14
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanked: 499
    How's the blacking out going on the bob
    FTW )

  5. #15
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanked: 282
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    How's the blacking out going on the bob
    I still have the parts sitting but done nothing due to illness in family and my own. Non curable but treatable was the phrase thrown around....a bit like old age?? Will maybe get to it at some point...

    Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

  6. #16
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanked: 499
    Hope you taking it easy in your doteage then. Soon be time to get out on bikes again, hopefully you'll get some bike therapy and a lift from that.
    FTW )

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Midlands
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    3
    Thanked: 2
    BP Ultimate has no ethanol in it. I fill up with that so I get no water absorption problems or ethanol rotting of the rubber components. I use that on my light aircraft too (it runs on Mogas not Avgas). Both seem to run much sweeter on it, but that might be my imagination justifying the small extra expense.

    D

  8. #18
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,921
    Thanked: 499
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepstop View Post
    BP Ultimate has no ethanol in it. I fill up with that so I get no water absorption problems or ethanol rotting of the rubber components. I use that on my light aircraft too (it runs on Mogas not Avgas). Both seem to run much sweeter on it, but that might be my imagination justifying the small extra expense.

    D
    There is always a debate about the right fuel to use. Me personally, I just regular in mine. Runs fine on it.
    FTW )

  9. #19
    Senior Member Dod's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Perth and Kinross
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Posts
    1,563
    Thanked: 282

    Corrosion additive advice

    http://harleyforum.org.uk/showthread...-fuel-question


    That’s an old link on a discussion that we had about fuel....even throws in an extra bit about tyre pressures as a bonus lol


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

    Whistler (01-17-2018)

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •