My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron

Motorsports Aftermarket Group Inc (MAG), files for Bankruptcy. (Nov 15th 2017).

Motorcycle Aftermarket Group (MAG) the parent company of J&P Cycles, Vance & Hines, Kuryakyn, Roland Sands Design, filed for bankruptcy on 15th November 2017

• MAG own 19 motorcycle and motorsport performance and accessory brands.

• Velocity Holding Company, Inc.
    • Velocity Pooling Vehicle, LLC.
    • DFR Acquisition Corp.
    • Ed Tucker Distributor, Inc.
    • J&P Cycles, LLC.
    • MAGNET Force, LLC.
    • Kuryakyn Holdings, LLC.
    • MAG Creative Group.
    • Motorcycle Superstore, Inc.
    • Motorcycle USA, LLC.
    • Motorcycle Aftermarket Group, Inc.
    • Mustang Motorcycle Products, LLC.
    • Performance Machine, LLC. (owns Roland Sands Design).
    • Ralco Holdings, Inc.
    • Rally Holdings, Inc.
    • Renthal America, Inc.
    • Tucker Rocky Corporation.
    • Tucker Rocky Georgia, LLC.
    • Vance & Hines Performance, LLC.

MAG's Chapter 11 petition allows the group to reorganise under debtor-in-possession financing.

J&P Cycles is one of 19 individual brand namesalso filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy as part of the overall recapitalisation plan. Motorsports Aftermarket Group purchased the iconic business more than a decade ago.

J&P Cycles was founded in Anamosa by John and Jill Parham in 1979.

J&P Cycles sells motorcycle parts and accessories on the web and from three retail locations -its Anamosa store, Ormond Beach, Florida.; and Sturgis, South Dakota. In 2015, the firm moved most of its operations from Anomosa to Irving, Texas. The Partham family also supports the National Motorcycle Museum.

The move allows Motorsports Aftermarket Group to eliminate about $300 million in debt. The debt is being used to buy equity in the company.

"MAG's businesses will continue to operate unaffected, and the company has sufficient liquidity to fund operations, "CEO Andrew Graves said, "Customer service and sales will continue; employees will receive wages and benefits as before; vendors and suppliers will be paid in the ordinary course of business going forward."

"MAG is very appreciative of its employees who have remained committed and professional during what has been a challenging few years." Graves said, "We are grateful to our valued vendors and suppliers who have remained our partner, and we thank our customers who continue to trust and rely on us."

The company has secured a $135 million debtor-in-possession financing.

"We believe that by availing the company to the Chapter 11 process, MAG has chosen the most efficient and expeditious way to right-size our balance sheet for the long term so that we remain an industry leader," Graves said. "We and our key creditors are committed to what willhopefully be a short bankruptcy case."

The company said it expects to re-emerge from bankruptcy in the first quarter of 2018.

Three investors in Motorsports Aftermarket Group will lead the new owners' group - Monomoy Capital Partners, Blue Mountain Capital and Contrarian Partners. The company said executives and those firms have significant experience in consumer and lifestyle markets and management.

According to Motorsports Aftermarket Group, it owns some of the most desired brands in the motorsports and accessories aftermarket.

MAG-logo.jpg vance_hines_logo_2.jpg rsd.jpg JP_Logo.jpg Kuryakyn-Logo.jpg
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 12-27-2017 at 12:20 PM.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Jeez thats a lot of aftermarket suppliers tied up in there.
    FTW )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-27-2017)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Jeez that's a lot of aftermarket suppliers tied up in there.

It is a lot indeed, Whistler.

The bankruptcy is only a temporary measure to attract financial investors and so secure the future of all those aftermarket suppliers.

Forum members will still be able to buy their Vance & Hines exhausts as before.

I bought my Python 3 slip-on mufflers from J&P Cycles, the gave me excellent service, I can't fault them at all.

Here's to the future of MAG and all their associated companies.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Hopefully they will attract investors. Fingers crossed.
    FTW )