My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

Hi from the Midlands

Hi everyone, I've been lurking outside for a while but decided to join to tap into the wisdom.
    Got my Sportster this year. Only taken me 40 odd years to get there after first dreaming of owning a Harley. Love it!
    So, wanting to ride further afield I've decided to look for some saddle bags. The official HD ones seem to have almost doubled in price over the last couple of months (or is it my imagination?). Now looking for good alternatives if anyone can point me in the right direction. There are plenty of advertised ones out there but I don't want to make an expensive mistake. Spec I'm looking for: Leather, permanently fixed. Got to look the part too.
    Cheers
    D

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deepstop For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-20-2017)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Hello Deepstop,

A warm welcome to the forum from Calderdale.

The H-D price rise is due to the GB£ performing badly against the US$ and the Euro, our government are blaming Brexit for the lower value of the pound. The European spares and accessories distribution hub for Harley-Davidson is in Belgium.

Sorry, I don't carry more than I can fit in my backpack, so I can't advise you about saddlebags, maybe one of our members who go touring will be able to help.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 12-20-2017 at 07:05 PM.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Welcome fae Fife from a fellow sporty owner. I to just take as much as I can fit in a backpack. You could try any of the following sites. Hogfathers, W&W, Zodiac or Custom Chrome to see what they may have and the price ranges. 40 yrs to get to having a harley, it's that you got there. I rode bikes for 34yrs before getting my HD.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Thanks for the welcomes and the ideas, much appreciated.
    When I've sorted something I'll post back for the benefit of others.
    D

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Deepstop For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-21-2017)