Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Same here, bought my S having sat on one once, and never ridden a Harley before, I did previously own a Buell by that was a completely different animal.
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

My Ride
    2018 sportglide
    The latest update is that the bike is on the ship and will be with the dealer at the end of April. I have got some short shots, breather and fuel pack on order..

My Ride
    2018 sportglide
    Finallysportglide.jpg got it!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bettyswallocks For This Useful Post:

reindeer (05-02-2018), Westy (06-15-2018), xbpod (05-02-2018)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson wide glide
    And very nice it is to ,

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I'll second that.

A beautiful machine.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Enjoy the hell out of it
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    I was differant.. I bought a Triumph Speedmaster without a test ride... big mistake, I couldnt do 30 miles without being in pain through my spine and uncomfortable seat.... so I sold it fairly sharp. My Iron I took on a 50 mile test ride and fell in love, them moved onto the 48 after a short test ride. I would always test ride now

My Ride
    Quote Originally Posted by wide View Post
    I was differant.. I bought a Triumph Speedmaster without a test ride... big mistake, I couldnt do 30 miles without being in pain through my spine and uncomfortable seat.... so I sold it fairly sharp. My Iron I took on a 50 mile test ride and fell in love, them moved onto the 48 after a short test ride. I would always test ride now
    Test riding is probably the sensible option , I was lucky the Iron was everything I hoped it would be.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Triumph Bonneville, HD Breakout
    I have been looking to buy my first HD. My favourite, just looking at it, was the softail Slim so I finally got around to organise a test ride with Guildford HD.

I was really excited and I had lined up a 2018 and a 2016 Twin Can to see the difference on a back to back ride.

The M8 was first...

To cut a long story short after 1 hour of Guildford, A3, A31, Farnham and some B roads I could not wait to give it back.

It was the most uncomfortable bike I have ever ridden.

It is clearly my riding style but I kept sliding off the seat and had to hang on to the bar every time I twisted the throttle.

Then the boards felt really awkward to me. My feet were resting 3 inches behind the gear and brake levers, which meant that I needed to lift my foot and move it forward every time I had to shift/brake. And if I wanted to downshift and brake into a corner then my whole body was supported by my coccyx and arms.

To top it all my hamstring kept cramping since my butt was lower than my knees and so my feet were just hanging there....

I was so sad... I loved the look of the bike, but clearly it's not for me.

I rode a SG afterwards and it was so much better.... Then I made the mistake of riding a Breakout and I fell in love.

Silly 13l tank means I need to find a nice Twin Cam...

But thank goodness for the test ride... I was so surprised...

Bettyswallocks your bike looks awesome. I see you already put on the Vance and Hines Short Shots and a SE aircleaner.

I bet it sounds great!!!

Enjoy the weather!!! Congratulations on your purchase!

My Ride
    At least test rides clarified what suits you best. With the variety of HDs on the markets, and infinite ways to customise them, I think there's a harley there for most people.
    FTW )