Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19
  1. #11
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,695
    Thanked: 437
    Can't say I've had any bother with the scorchers. Mine are getting replaced with whitewalls when they need replaced. Don't know if they'll handle better, but they'll look cool
    Last edited by Whistler; 12-11-2017 at 01:29 AM.
    FTW )

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brackley
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Posts
    194
    Thanked: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Cheers Rob,

    I'm looking forward to fitting the Cobra's, I find the rear Scorcher too skittery in the wet for my liking, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence when cornering. I do like the Triumph Bobber Black, no price on Triumph's website yet, but the standard Bobber is £10.6K so the Blacked out version will probably be nearer the £11K mark.

    I used to be a dyed in the wool Triumph man, I had four of them, 1977 TR7RV Tiger 744cc, 1977 T160V Trident N.Hyde 871cc, 1981 T140E Bonneville 744cc, 1983 TSX4 744cc. Enjoy your Tiger Sport when the good weather comes.

    I SORN'd my Iron when I was diagnosed with double pneumonia and bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms, the fact that I was on strong medication caused me to loose work, so I decided to retire early and enjoy life out of the rat race. I've since made a full recovery. Roll on Spring, here I come.
    Hi Dave sorry to hear of your health troubles. I also took early retirement 18 months ago, but not due to ill heath, and it was the best thing I have ever done. Good luck for the future.

    Have you been to the new Triumph museum yet? I went a few weeks ago, entry is free and there is also a factory tour at an extra cost.

    Pete.
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brackley
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Posts
    194
    Thanked: 39
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Can't say I've had any bother with the switchers. Mine are getting replaced with whitewalls when they need replaced. Don't know if they'll handle better, but they'll look cool
    Hi Whistler, I have had problems with the rear twitching on the standard tyres, I was also told by my local dealer that the whitewalls are even worse for grip!
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to xbpod For This Useful Post:

    bluenose-1956 (12-11-2017)

  5. #14
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,015
    Thanked: 992
    Quote Originally Posted by xbpod View Post
    Hi Dave sorry to hear of your health troubles. I also took early retirement 18 months ago, but not due to ill heath, and it was the best thing I have ever done. Good luck for the future.

    Have you been to the new Triumph museum yet? I went a few weeks ago, entry is free and there is also a factory tour at an extra cost.

    Pete.
    Thanks for your good wishes Pete,

    I haven't visited the Triumph museum, I'll add it to my to do list.

    I worked by ass off for 42 years, mainly in the engineering industry, now I can finally enjoy life.

    Cheers,

    Dave.

  6. #15
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,695
    Thanked: 437
    Quote Originally Posted by xbpod View Post
    Hi Whistler, I have had problems with the rear twitching on the standard tyres, I was also told by my local dealer that the whitewalls are even worse for grip!
    I'd heard people say they found the scorchers twitchy, personally I've not. Cheers for info on whitewalls, gotta get them though. I never bought a harley for its superior handling characteristics, and it does handle better than I expected . When I change to the whitewalls, I'll see how I get on. If their shit, I'll change them
    FTW )

  7. #16
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,015
    Thanked: 992
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Can't say I've had any bother with the scorchers. Mine are getting replaced with whitewalls when they need replaced. Don't know if they'll handle better, but they'll look cool

    Ok Whistler,

    You can buy Avon Cobra's with whitewalls.


    avon-cobra-whitewall-pair.jpg ecc16903124ae548fdb4832be9f8b2d5.jpg

    Nice tread pattern and they'll transform the handling of your Iron.
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 12-11-2017 at 03:39 PM.

  8. #17
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,695
    Thanked: 437
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Ok Whistler,

    You can buy Avon Cobra's with whitewalls.


    avon-cobra-whitewall-pair.jpg ecc16903124ae548fdb4832be9f8b2d5.jpg

    Nice tread pattern and they'll transform the handling of your Iron.
    They'll do the job nicely. Cheers
    FTW )

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

    bluenose-1956 (12-11-2017)

  10. #18
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,015
    Thanked: 992
    Ok Whistler,

    Front tyre on the Iron is AV71, 100/90-19-57H TL Whitewall.
    Rear tyre is AV72, 150/80-16V TL Whitewall.

    Tyre Tec are selling them for £77 front and £125 rear.

  11. #19
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fife
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    2,695
    Thanked: 437
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Ok Whistler,

    Front tyre on the Iron is AV71, 100/90-19-57H TL Whitewall.
    Rear tyre is AV72, 150/80-16V TL Whitewall.

    Tyre Tec are selling them for £77 front and £125 rear.
    Sounds reasonable cheers. Not changing at moment, to much tread on existing tyres
    FTW )

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •