Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Ride
    '16 Iron

HD Iron OE Scorcher Tyres.

Pair of Tyres off my Iron, great condition, 2.500 miles. Pickup from near Newbury, Berks. £60

Rob. 07795530278

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Not too old For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-07-2017)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Ok Rob,

There should still be plenty of tread on them after only 2.5K miles.

Have you bought a pair of Avon Cobra tyres?, they're ideal for Harley's on our British roads and in our British weather.

Hope you sell the Scorcher's soon.

My Ride
    '16 Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Ok Rob,

There should still be plenty of tread on them after only 2.5K miles.

Have you bought a pair of Avon Cobra tyres?, they're ideal for Harley's on our British roads and in our British weather.

Hope you sell the Scorcher's soon.
    Hi Dave, yeah, loads of tread. I've done 1200 miles on the Cobras, total change to the handling, Best Buy I think for an Iron. Ive still got 4 1/2 mths of driving ban left so won't be out again till the nicer weather anyway!
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Not too old For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-08-2017)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Ok Rob,

I'll be swapping my stock Scorcher's for Cobra's in the spring, they're ideal for Sportster's.

In the early eighties when I rode Meriden built Triumph's I always shod them with Avon Roadrunners, they transformed a good handling Bonneville into a great handling Bonneville. On my T160 Trident, I used Dunlop TT100's, mainly due to the Trident having 19" wheels at both ends and apart from the Norton Commando there wern't many motorcycles that had 19" rear wheels. The Trident was the best handling bike I've ever owned, bar non. It had a Norman Hyde 850cc big bore kit installed when I bought it, the top speed was increased from 125mph to 135mph, I once saw 70mph in 1st two-up on an uphill gradient, that was a great motorcycle.

Here's a photo of me on my Trident taken in April 1982, sorry about the poor quality, but the photo is 35 years old.

img005.jpg

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson XL883R
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    Ok Rob,

I'll be swapping my stock Scorcher's for Cobra's in the spring, they're ideal for Sportster's.

In the early eighties when I rode Meriden built Triumph's I always shod them with Avon Roadrunners, they transformed a good handling Bonneville into a great handling Bonneville. On my T160 Trident, I used Dunlop TT100's, mainly due to the Trident having 19" wheels at both ends and apart from the Norton Commando there wern't many motorcycles that had 19" rear wheels. The Trident was the best handling bike I've ever owned, bar non. It had a Norman Hyde 850cc big bore kit installed when I bought it, the top speed was increased from 125mph to 135mph, I once saw 70mph in 1st two-up on an uphill gradient, that was a great motorcycle.

Here's a photo of me on my Trident taken in April 1982, sorry about the poor quality, but the photo is 35 years old.

img005.jpg
    Cool Trident - I loved those bikes, always wanted one!

My Ride
    '16 Iron
    Hi Dave, nice looking bike you had there! I'm sure you'll enjoy the Cobras when you get them, the way they tip in and out of bends gives me much more confidence to lay the Iron over! I e never owned a Triumph but I'm putting that right when I get my license back! Originally I was looking at selling the Iron and getting a Bobber Black or a Speedster after going to the NEC. Since then I've changed my mind, I'm keeping the Iron and it'll have a stable mate Tiger Sport. My recent H/A has made me realise what's the point of saving when I could have more fun! As I've been reminded.... Seize the moment before it ceases me!!

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Not too old View Post
    Hi Dave, nice looking bike you had there! I'm sure you'll enjoy the Cobras when you get them, the way they tip in and out of bends gives me much more confidence to lay the Iron over! I e never owned a Triumph but I'm putting that right when I get my license back! Originally I was looking at selling the Iron and getting a Bobber Black or a Speedster after going to the NEC. Since then I've changed my mind, I'm keeping the Iron and it'll have a stable mate Tiger Sport. My recent H/A has made me realise what's the point of saving when I could have more fun! As I've been reminded.... Seize the moment before it ceases me!!
    Cheers Rob,

I'm looking forward to fitting the Cobra's, I find the rear Scorcher too skittery in the wet for my liking, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence when cornering. I do like the Triumph Bobber Black, no price on Triumph's website yet, but the standard Bobber is £10.6K so the Blacked out version will probably be nearer the £11K mark.

I used to be a dyed in the wool Triumph man, I had four of them, 1977 TR7RV Tiger 744cc, 1977 T160V Trident N.Hyde 871cc, 1981 T140E Bonneville 744cc, 1983 TSX4 744cc. Enjoy your Tiger Sport when the good weather comes.

I SORN'd my Iron when I was diagnosed with double pneumonia and bi-lateral pulmonary embolisms, the fact that I was on strong medication caused me to loose work, so I decided to retire early and enjoy life out of the rat race. I've since made a full recovery. Roll on Spring, here I come.

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Thanks Alec,

The Tridents in both T150 and T160 versions were great bikes, smooth power delivery, fast acceleration with excellent road holding. The legendary 'Slippery Sam' T150 works racer won the Isle of Man TT 750cc class on five consecutive years from 1971 to 1975. The T160V was only available from 1975 to 1977, they're now highly prized collectibles.

'Slippery Sam'

Slippery-Sam-Triumph-Production-Racer-6.jpg

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bluenose-1956 For This Useful Post:

Alec L (12-08-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Cant wait to get shot of the standard Scorcher tyres, had they skip so many times they are even worse than when I used to run knobblies on my XT600. Bloody awful, they must be made out of recycled wellies, on the plus side they last for thousands of miles. Cobras for me soon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wide For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (12-08-2017)

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by wide View Post
    Cant wait to get shot of the standard Scorcher tyres, had they skip so many times they are even worse than when I used to run knobblies on my XT600. Bloody awful, they must be made out of recycled wellies, on the plus side they last for thousands of miles. Cobras for me soon

The H-D branded Scorchers are made in Thailand, they must be Teflon coated.