Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Member Thumperxt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 13

    Making the most of it

    Took my new toy out today and still loving it. Bit cold though,must be my age!
    Night Rod Special 2014
    DSC_0006-01-01-01.jpg

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Thumperxt For This Useful Post:

    Face (11-01-2017)

  3. #2
    Senior Member Face's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Manchester
    My Ride
    XL1200C
    Posts
    122
    Thanked: 46
    Now that's the type of bike I like. I could probably afford one next year. Are they easy to ride? I only have two years experience, but I'm very sensible when it come to riding, especially if I was riding something like one of these Night Rods. The problem might not be riding it, but being terrified of dropping it when I get her out of the garage. I suppose this is all part and parcel of gaining the experience to own and ride one of these beautiful machines.

    Lovely bike, BTW.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Face For This Useful Post:

    Thumperxt (11-02-2017)

  5. #3
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,423
    Thanked: 618
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    Now that's the type of bike I like. I could probably afford one next year. Are they easy to ride? I only have two years experience, but I'm very sensible when it come to riding, especially if I was riding something like one of these Night Rods. The problem might not be riding it, but being terrified of dropping it when I get her out of the garage. I suppose this is all part and parcel of gaining the experience to own and ride one of these beautiful machines.

    Lovely bike, BTW.
    The advantage of a bike like the v rod, is its low to the ground, with a low centre of gravity making it easyri handle and manoeuvre. The bike is no longer in production as off this year, so second hand would be your only option.
    FTW )

  6. #4
    Member Thumperxt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 13
    Ye dead easy to ride,don`t notice weight until you have to push it! Nice and low so even a short arse like myself can manage it. Quick for a Harley too.
    Your right, it is beautiful also.

  7. #5
    Member Thumperxt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Posts
    31
    Thanked: 13

    It`s still dry, no RAIN yet!

    DSC_0243-01 (1).jpg

    Another dry afternoon in West Wales.

  8. #6
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,423
    Thanked: 618
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumperxt View Post
    DSC_0243-01 (1).jpg

    Another dry afternoon in West Wales.
    Jealous, their salting the roads up here.
    FTW )

  9. #7
    Senior Member bluenose-1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Halifax, United Kingdom.
    My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    Posts
    3,758
    Thanked: 1288
    They're salting the roads up here in the Pennines, I'm 865 feet above sea level.

    I used to work at a company that's 1200 feet above sea level, the winters up there are always harsh.

    8qnEQhrq.jpg 1920384791.jpg 1340-cottage-in-snow-wainstalls--1976.jpg 8XzhaoTd.jpg



    Don't you just love winter?

  10. #8
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,423
    Thanked: 618
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenose-1956 View Post
    They're salting the roads up here in the Pennines, I'm 865 feet above sea level.

    I used to work at a company that's 1200 feet above sea level, the winters up there are always harsh.

    8qnEQhrq.jpg 1920384791.jpg 1340-cottage-in-snow-wainstalls--1976.jpg 8XzhaoTd.jpg



    Don't you just love winter?
    That does look harsh.
    FTW )

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brackley
    My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Low Rider S
    Posts
    244
    Thanked: 55
    You need to go to Canada in the winter, that's just a snow flurry.
    To the world you may be one person but to one person you may be the world

  12. #10
    Senior Member Whistler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Posts
    3,423
    Thanked: 618
    Quote Originally Posted by xbpod View Post
    You need to go to Canada in the winter, that's just a snow flurry.
    No ta, I hate the snow. Horrible bloody stuff. Give me Florida sunshine anytime.
    FTW )

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •