Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New helmet

My Ride
    FLHR Road King
    Quote Originally Posted by LENSMASTER View Post
    I have open face and full face i have to say I feel more aware of what's going on around me in the open face so in some ways feel safer strange really.
    Rob.
    I have both and bought an open face at the beginning of summer. I feel the same -certainly feel safer in the open face -very odd. I might use the full face again if it gets cold....

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster c
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash1690 View Post
    Hiya I'm looking at new helmets I'm thinking of trying a premier open face , just wondering if anyone on here use one and what they thought of them. Attachment 7793
    I did get one delivered...good reviews but the thing looked huge on me, I'm a small size but think they just put more padding into the shell of a larger size helmet...bell 500 are really good if your on a budget, in the end I opted for an arai 3/4 Harley helmet

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    [QUOTE=Not too old;34643]Have any of you come off with an open face lid? I did two years ago on my way back from a MTB ride when I hit some ice getting onto the cycle path. Trip to A&E to have my face glued up and lucky being a glasses wearer not to have more damage done, I decided that I'd definitely never ride the Harley without a full face! Not "Harley Cool" it may be but I know which I prefer. Hope you stay on OK![/QUOTE

I've worn open face lids all my biking life. The benefits are straightforward, better peripheral sight and clarity of sound, both invaluable when riding imho. I certainty don't think I'm as aware with 2 of my senses reduced. If you research helmet testing I think you'll be surprised how low the mph is when they impact test helmets. Not always "harley cool" ,sometimes choice or a preference,cars it is when you wear a full face lid.
    FTW )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (11-02-2017)

My Ride
    '16 Iron
    [QUOTE=Whistler;34656]
    Quote Originally Posted by Not too old View Post
    Have any of you come off with an open face lid? I did two years ago on my way back from a MTB ride when I hit some ice getting onto the cycle path. Trip to A&E to have my face glued up and lucky being a glasses wearer not to have more damage done, I decided that I'd definitely never ride the Harley without a full face! Not "Harley Cool" it may be but I know which I prefer. Hope you stay on OK![/QUOTE

I've worn open face lids all my biking life. The benefits are straightforward, better peripheral sight and clarity of sound, both invaluable when riding imho. I certainty don't think I'm as aware with 2 of my senses reduced. If you research helmet testing I think you'll be surprised how low the mph is when they impact test helmets. Not always "harley cool" ,sometimes choice or a preference,cars it is when you wear a full face lid.
    Hi Whistler, I wasn't trying to say it's wrong to wear open face lids. In fact I said I had one for riding to work for years. Also I still use one for MTBing. It was just to tell of my pain after an accident albeit on the MTB. I and many others are perfectly happy riding sports bikes with a full face for years so I don't get the lack of senses. As you say it's personal choice which of course I totally agree with.

Anyway, I'm off the forum now as I've just been handed a driving ban for 6mths! What am I guilty of? Last Tuesday I had a massive heart attack and had to be fitted with a Pacemaker with Defibrillator as one of my chambers is very damaged. So, roll on May 1st when my Iron can re-surface from a nice rest. Ride safe all whatever you wear! Bye.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Not too old For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (11-03-2017)

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    [QUOTE=Not too old;34660]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post

Hi Whistler, I wasn't trying to say it's wrong to wear open face lids. In fact I said I had one for riding to work for years. Also I still use one for MTBing. It was just to tell of my pain after an accident albeit on the MTB. I and many others are perfectly happy riding sports bikes with a full face for years so I don't get the lack of senses. As you say it's personal choice which of course I totally agree with.

Anyway, I'm off the forum now as I've just been handed a driving ban for 6mths! What am I guilty of? Last Tuesday I had a massive heart attack and had to be fitted with a Pacemaker with Defibrillator as one of my chambers is very damaged. So, roll on May 1st when my Iron can re-surface from a nice rest. Ride safe all whatever you wear! Bye.
    Apologies on my part, my post came across wrong (very jet laggged). Take it easy your self and get well soon. You should stay, I'm sure some lively debate on the forum will get you chopping at the bit to get back on two wheels
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 2015 Fat Bob
    [QUOTE=Not too old;34660]
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post

Stick around pal - it’ll be the medicine you need to get better
    Serious note, hope you make a full & speedy recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to percysybil For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Change your name to "old but not out".. On a more serious mot. I mean note... I hope your health continues to get better and stronger...my best of wishes goes out to you

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson wide glider
    Get well soon , may will soon come round .