My Ride
    Harley-Davidson

wiring help 72/73 flh

Hello all, crispy the fire damaged FLH is progressing nicely, but I have no idea how the main wiring loom is held in place as it enters the headlamp cowl, can anyone post some pictures of inside the headlamp cowl and how the wiring is held in place, also I am at a loss as to the oil pipe connections, 3 on the oil tank I can understand, its what I do with the small vent pipe off the primary drive, and the engine vent it looks like I have to many pipes of different sizes and not enough places for them to go!, many thanks for any help you can offer, it might just run by Christmas!

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson road king custom 2005
    Hi horsefodder,I would ask a mobile auto electrician to call round and run through it with you.its better to pay a professional to show you than it is to spend hours scratchin your head and even then get it wrong.its a no brainer.

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson
    Quote Originally Posted by SKID 1449 View Post
    Hi horsefodder,I would ask a mobile auto electrician to call round and run through it with you.its better to pay a professional to show you than it is to spend hours scratchin your head and even then get it wrong.its a no brainer.
    Hi, sorry I didn't make myself very clear, the actual wiring bit is easy, 30 years in electrics and I think I am ok with the wiring side, its the routing of the main loom as it enters the rear of the cowl up to the junction box, none of the manuals I have actually show the routing of the loom and if its held in place by any cable fixing, and if so where they are fixed, I just want to try and get it looking right, a good picture of the inside of the headlamp area would really help, even better one with cowl removed and the wiring in place.

many thanks for your help

HF

My Ride
    Sorry HE mixed messages.hope you get it sorted soon.

My Ride
    That was HE Sorry

My Ride
    HF think my keypads bit slow sorry