Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muc Off

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE

Muc Off

Ordered myself some more of this stuff for the bike ..getting 10 litres for a reasonable price and don’t know how many of you guys out there use the same product...might save a few pennies...definitely cheaper than buying the 1 litre spray bottles all the time..

https://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Produ...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

10 litres, free delivery £26.95.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson 1200 Sportster c
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post
    Ordered myself some more of this stuff for the bike ..getting 10 litres for a reasonable price and don’t know how many of you guys out there use the same product...might save a few pennies...definitely cheaper than buying the 1 litre spray bottles all the time..

Use it all the time for mtb& Harley...good stuff...couple quid cheaper at M&P

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Matt J For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (10-24-2017), Dod (10-23-2017)

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson Streetbob SE
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt J View Post
    Use it all the time for mtb& Harley...good stuff...couple quid cheaper at M&P

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    The cheaper, the better...I only posted as I seen it by chance today and I am on my last litre and bought it online and thought it might save others on here some money also...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dod For This Useful Post:

Welsh whiskey (12-20-2017)

My Ride
    2011 WideGlide
    +1 for this. Closest ive found to spray on rinse off Though I do avoid wet washes when possible.
    Just use rain water and no lime spots either.

My Ride
    '16 883 Iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Dod View Post

Hmph! My PH postcode still generates a delivery charge of almost £17 even after using their current MUCDEL Free UK Delivery code!
    All looks to be good all the way through the buying process with the code working right up until the final payment page states, 'Invalid Code'.

Not happy at this continuing con by companies, I thought MPs were sorting this out?

Anyway, rant over, back on topic, it is good stuff, that's why I wanted more!

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurtle View Post
    Hmph! My PH postcode still generates a delivery charge of almost £17 even after using their current MUCDEL Free UK Delivery code!
    All looks to be good all the way through the buying process with the code working right up until the final payment page states, 'Invalid Code'.

Not happy at this continuing con by companies, I thought MPs were sorting this out?

Muc offs good stuff when the bikes minging. It's a bummer about the postage the further out you are. It's the same with petrol prices, the more rural, the more expensive.
    FTW )

My Ride
    A proper bike
    I've never understood what all the fuss was about muc-off as it never seemed to do anything any better than any other commercial vehicle shampoo/cleaner and you pay through the nose for the stuff. I use Car Plan Trade Valet hi-foam wash. A whole gallon of the stuff does literally two years of washes or more (only a capful needed for a wash) £10.99/5 litres and free UK delivery on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/CarPlan-CFW.../dp/B00LK44KT2

Great stuff for the bike or car and can be used from a bucket or pressure washer bottle with ther lance set on low pressure. It gets things just as clean as muc-off imho. It's a pre-wash cleaner so you're meant to follow up with a proper paint shampoo stuff. I never bother as this seems to get things clean and shiny enough. I used to use the demon snow foam stuff but as the customer feedback on this stuff says, it seems to be the exact same product just re-labelled and at a fraction of the price.

I had a litre of Muc-off to try but honestly thought the car plan stuff was better so use that now for the cars and the bike. Lasts ages.
    Last edited by BuckhornBud; 06-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.

My Ride
    2011 WideGlide
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurtle View Post

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Muc-Off-M...72.m2749.l2649

My Ride
    2011 XL883N Iron
    I've used Car Plan "Demon Shine" on my Benelli Sei, I know it's meant for cleaning cars but it cleans and shines bikes a treat.

"Demon Shine" is £10.00 for 2 litres from Halfords, it's even cheaper from ASDA or Amazon.

ASDA had an in store promotion on "Demon Shine" at £5 for 5 litres, don't know if it's still at that price.

IMAG0032.jpg

Great stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bluenose-1956; 06-08-2018 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    A proper bike
    That's one I've used as well and it is pretty good but if I remember right, it's not a shampoo, it's a final shine (post wash) neat treatment you spray on or apply with a cloth and buff off.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BuckhornBud For This Useful Post:

bluenose-1956 (06-08-2018)