Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    My Ride
    XL1200C
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Very nice, very nice indeed. Customisation is always good
    I’ve learnt very quickly that customisation is what Harley’s are all about, couldn’t afford anything like what I’ve seen in Back Street Heroes magazine. Gonna have to give this bike some thought to keep with the anniversary styling. She doesn’t need much really, just want to dark it out a bit. Been on the Manchester H-D website looking at some black machete wheels, £780 a wheel, would look very nice.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    I’ve learnt very quickly that customisation is what Harley’s are all about, couldn’t afford anything like what I’ve seen in Back Street Heroes magazine. Gonna have to give this bike some thought to keep with the anniversary styling. She doesn’t need much really, just want to dark it out a bit. Been on the Manchester H-D website looking at some black machete wheels, £780 a wheel, would look very nice.
    BSH bikes are something to aspire to. I just kept my changes to cosmetics like derby/gearbox cover, gas cap, grips/pegs and axle covers. I loved the look of the Iron from the get go, so kept it to simple cosmetics from the Willie G skull range. Toyed with the idea of z bars and lower shocks, but felt I'd compromise comfort and that at 52, I'd prefer that over a more radical look. I'll leave that to the younger generation.
    FTW )

My Ride
    Harley-Davidson iRON 883
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    BSH bikes are something to aspire to. I just kept my changes to cosmetics like derby/gearbox cover, gas cap, grips/pegs and axle covers. I loved the look of the Iron from the get go, so kept it to simple cosmetics from the Willie G skull range. Toyed with the idea of z bars and lower shocks, but felt I'd compromise comfort and that at 52, I'd prefer that over a more radical look. I'll leave that to the younger generation.
    I'm 57 and I slammed my Iron with 10 1/2 inch rear shocks, it does make it a bit uncomfortable for very long trips but since that's not what I do then no problem, I'm a firm believer in customising the bike for the way you want to use it.

My Ride
    2016 Harley-Davidson 883 iron
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnythefox View Post
    I'm 57 and I slammed my Iron with 10 1/2 inch rear shocks, it does make it a bit uncomfortable for very long trips but since that's not what I do then no problem, I'm a firm believer in customising the bike for the way you want to use it.
    Makes perfect sense. I use my bike for a multitude of things, the current shocks cover this adequately. I love the slammed look, but it wouldn't suit my needs. In my youth, I rode hardtails. They looked great, but crap for long trips that we regularly did. Now I want best of both, comfort and looks.
    FTW )

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whistler For This Useful Post:

Face (05-24-2018), Johnnythefox (05-24-2018)